ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Chuwi Hi13 USB C Blew up!! What should i do?

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi13 USB C Blew up!! What should i do?

[Copy link]

MatteoVC|Post time:8-8-2017 02:58:09 View:566|Reply:34

MatteoVC| Post time 8-5-2017 05:11:51 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 8-2-2017 03:31
Others have gotten responses in the past, but wait-times differ greatly and often issues get piled ...

Thanks for the Intel bud, Yeah I submitted a ticket on their support site as recommended.

One person just isn't enough for a tech company of this scale in distribution. I mean they must be selling thousands from their product ranges and to have only one person managing that? Hope he gets a good wage hahah
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

MatteoVC| Post time 8-5-2017 05:24:30 | Show all posts
I'm going to try and contact them again. Really in need of the tablets functions right now >.<

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 8-5-2017 10:23:11 | Show all posts
It's really a shame that they haven't answered yet though... I will ask jerry/ Emily what's going on... Maybe he can speed up things
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-5-2017 10:29:15 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 8-5-2017 19:39
MatteoVC replied at 8-5-2017 14:24
I'm going to try and contact them again. Really in need of the tablets functions right now >.

It's not recommended to have a product directly from Asia (depending on the distance too) as the primary one or without a data and physical backup that can do the job at least as minimally needed. Especially "risky brands". The chances is good that a relatively high percentage of Chuwi users don't have issues, but there are also widely known issues like the original chargers. But that shouldn't give the illusion that one can depend on the product as the default without a care in the world.. I'm sorry for your experience, I can imagine how it feels. But I had a refurbished surface pro 1 to fall back on until in my case the charger sorted out.

Edit: clarity.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

MatteoVC| Post time 8-5-2017 13:57:38 | Show all posts
@Techdragonz Thanks man i appreciate it! If i dont hear soon im going to start looking at repairing it myself (though i can imagine it would cost a bit) or consider a private repair (which is gonna cost a bit). Alternatively i may ask gearbest for a refund, and switch to a different brand or chuwi tablet that doesnt use usb c (im a bit put off the dangers of it now)

Thanks zenbalancer for your input. I understand what you mean but for some of us the cost of getting anything more is just not possible. I had to work super hard to get the money together for this tablet in an attempt to make money off it as an amateur concept artist (and it broke in the middle of my first big opportunity how much does that suck hahah thank god i can draw too)

Is the refurb surf pro 1 any good for painting?

Use magic Report

amichael| Post time 8-5-2017 22:38:58 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 8-5-2017 10:29
It's not recommended to have a product directly from Asia (depending on the distance too) as the pr ...

"But I had a refurbished surface pro 1 to fall back on..."
Ha, I've fallen back to my Surface Pro 1, as well!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-6-2017 08:02:43 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 8-6-2017 17:43
MatteoVC replied at 8-5-2017 22:57
Is the refurb surf pro 1 any good for painting?

Well for artists I don't recommend lower quality products, nor less specs where it counts, it's just not artist friendly.

Sp1 is too small of a literal surface. Aspect ratio sucks for portrait mode. SP2 fixed that, but both are only 256 pressure levels. Yet Pen compatible with both and doesn't need batteries and there is no jitter, and it's under MS specs and QC contracts so of higher quality.
The point is to get a dependable refurbished one from a certified source if possible or used on eBay from dependable seller. I understand a budget needs time. Betting on Chuwi or the like was too risky for any work from the start without a fallback.

From SP4 and upward that has 1024 pressure levels, with minimal specs/costs available but still more expensive than cheaper mostly Asian brands of much lower quality.

But you're better off saving up for iPad Pro with its Pencil, since you can fall back on paper until then, that was exactly what I recommended in the comparison of the two. Don't let the price deter you from comparing what's actually is possible, what the difference is in what you can do with the Pencil vs a regular Stylus even thus far if of Wacom. Forum search HiPen vs pencil, gets you that thread with vid lists.

Much lower lag near-realtime, and angle sensitivity, two major feats. And 30 seconds charge gives you and hour of use, and a full charge much much longer.

Using any device of lower quality, you'll miss paper definitely much more. You'll get used to the limitations of the device you'll be using, but it will effect your art and/or how much time it takes.

But sp1 in landscape mode will give you enough space and i5 cpu. And probably better Photoshop responsiveness of the pen, but the latter is an assumption. So if you've to, and you're in a country that makes sense for the device, having the sp1 is better than nothing. If paper isn't enough until you can upgrade.

Edit: quote focus.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-6-2017 08:05:13 | Show all posts
amichael replied at 8-6-2017 07:38
"But I had a refurbished surface pro 1 to fall back on..."
Ha, I've fallen back to my Surface Pro  ...

It was what made me look for a much bigger screen with correct 3:2 portrait aspect ratio to begin with

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-6-2017 08:32:15 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 8-6-2017 17:39
MatteoVC replied at 8-5-2017 22:57
going to start looking at repairing it myself (though i can imagine it would cost a bit) or consider a private repair (which is gonna cost a bit). Alternatively i may ask gearbest for a refund, and switch to a different brand or chuwi tablet that doesnt use usb c (im a bit put off the dangers of it now

The two options are conflicting. Trying to repair it yourself or by 3rd party without GearBest permission, is going to void your seller warranty and Chuwi I've not ever witnessed advice of 3rd party repair, only their service centers.

Edit: quote focus + clarity.

Use magic Report

MatteoVC| Post time 8-8-2017 02:58:09 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 8-6-2017 08:02
Well for artists I don't recommend lower quality products, nor less specs where it counts, it's jus ...

Thanks for the info Bud.
Seriously this clarifies a lot! I sadly was thinking that in a short timeframe and high demand with low budget it was the solution for me.. but perhaps you are right. Saving will mostly be a better venture.. but even saving can sometimes go the wrong way..
I saved up a bit then took out a low interest loan to cover the rest and bought a MSI dominator pro in december, only to send it back after its battery broke (amongst other things).
Sometimes even the top products aren't so great.
I generally avoid apple products as i find they lack customization and versatility for their prices. But the ipad pro is somewhat enticing.. The sensors in the apple pencil are promising also.. though if im not mistaken the screen isnt laminated so you still get that extra mm of space between pen and visual input.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list