ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 original Charger KEYU KA1440 is dangerous!

Follow Us

Hi13 original Charger KEYU KA1440 is dangerous!

[Copy link]

artowi|Post time:10-6-2017 13:15:29 View:2521|Reply:62

MrMkayMan| Post time 8-9-2017 02:30:36 | Show all posts
mgeorgescu1990 replied at 8-8-2017 09:21
Ok so, bad news, I bought the Aukey charger that was recommended, all good for almost two weeks, I c ...

I think you are better of with a decent laptop/tablet and send your current Chuwi back for service. Something really fishy is going on with charging and the USB-C port. I received my Aukey yesterday ans so far so good, just charged with original charger 1 time.

But it frightens me that things can go bad also with a 'good' charger. You can verify if the cable makes good connection with the device by pressing it sturdy against the tablet.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-9-2017 03:49:31 | Show all posts
[Open] Hi13 DCMissue#2 [Poll]- original Keyu Charger/Power Adapter
Let's gather some numbers to show Chuwi and everyone.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

amichael| Post time 8-10-2017 15:16:18 | Show all posts
MrMkayMan replied at 8-9-2017 02:30
I think you are better of with a decent laptop/tablet and send your current Chuwi back for service ...

If I were you, I'd test to make sure the cable is 5V instead of 12V before I used it. If you manage to connect it to testing equipment and it's showing 12V, that means it'll damage the chip. All USB PD chargers will start at 5 V and allow the devices to negotiate a higher charge.

Use magic Report

Ferreol| Post time 8-15-2017 14:58:38 | Show all posts
First Thank You @artowi for this advice.
Second : I'm extremely disappointed by Chuwi support !
Third : I will receive my Hi13 today. So if I have understood all. since I don't plug anything else than the Charger KEYU KA1440 on the USB-C and since I don't use the original Charger while I use the boot menu or the bios menu there is no risk for the EJ898A chip ?

Use magic Report

HûntSt°rJonny| Post time 8-19-2017 06:26:55 | Show all posts
Is mine already roasted?

damn seems like i red this 2 days too late :-(
but should be covered by guarantee

Can someone please confirm for me, that on a fully functionally tablet otg works on the usb-c port!

i'm a bit confused, cause other chargers than the original work for me, cause others with roasted chip, can't do this anymore. later that day i will try the recommend aukey charger

I tried with mouse and usb-stick, both work und the micro usb port and the keyboard-dock, but not on the usb-c port, so driver things shouldn't be a thing.

Use magic Report

HûntSt°rJonny| Post time 8-19-2017 08:29:00 | Show all posts
ok this is sick stuff, but yaayyy seems like my usb-c port is living, i solved the otg-problems by raping my otg cable

only thing left, with aukey charger, my chuwi charges really slow, but i think i need a cable that supports power delivery. Is this correct?

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 9-13-2017 15:00:36 | Show all posts
bloticas replied at 7-26-2017 00:43
The ones with the EJ898A dead. Is there any way to repair the HI13?

Yes, EJ898A replacement.

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 9-13-2017 15:18:01 | Show all posts
So here are huge mistakes.
Keyu does not break the Hi13 tablet. Keyu is a cute little puppy. If I say sit down, if I say get it up on the tablet pc, do it. If I do not say anything, it spells me out of the Ej chip, cute little volcano.
Question: Will one ever use a usable Chuwi tablet?

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 9-16-2017 15:34:47 | Show all posts
Edited by szucsi at 9-16-2017 16:31
ZenBalancer replied at 8-2-2017 03:13
I'll throw this in. Isn't an assumption that using 5v peripheral will make the Hi13 stuck on 5v VBU ...

I wrote down the exact cause of what is causing the warming, and EJ898A burnout. No one thought: The poor quality usb-c connector, turning the contacts in the side. It then causes a shortcut. When pins moving to the sideways,  a short-circuit is generated. Since the pins in the usb-c ,  move sideways, at the end of the connecting cable. Be careful, look at the Charging Cable. If the outer part of the connector moves, it should not be used again. Unfortunately, Aukey does not charge the Hi 13. Anker or another type. Only those usb-c PD s are sold. 12V, and 2-3 Amps.

[backcolor=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]https://youtu.be/q475pwjSvCw
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-4826-1-1.html
This connector is so flammable as the casing moves.

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 10-6-2017 13:15:29 | Show all posts
This thread drives me crazy.

There are a lot of suspicions but no final evidence except burned io chips indicating there is something wrong...

It's plausible that loose plugs might shorten contacts, probably causing damages. But is this what happened here and the final conclusion? The failiure of 'proper' PD charging hints in this direction too. However, anything else, assuming hw design flaws, protocol violations, whatever hidden secet, is simply plain scary...

Im close to return my Hi13 (15 days left on amazons 30 days return guarantee) regardless if my Hi13 is still ok or has a latent damage in the chip. I'm not willing taking chances that the device burns within the next weeks or months. Whished there was a way of clear analysis and proof... to make a more serious decision.

Just lost some money on another budget device this year, don't like to face this again.

At the moment charging and runtime of my Hi13 seem to be fine. No heat either, it's ice cold when turned off. Have no USB C otg cable or other device at hand to check io. Should I order adapters and a charger, risking even more money? Even if io works there will be still a taste of unreliability left. But I need a device I can count and rely on.

The torture is I like the Device.

It provides what I was looking for for nearly two years now, an A4 sized reading device at an acceptable price point. Returning the device means cancelling my project again, going back to paper, probably never looking back. Paper is inconvenient but much more reliable... It also means loosing the money I've already spent on apps and the H3 pen which has not arrived yet but will be uneconomical to return...

=(8

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list