ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 original Charger KEYU KA1440 is dangerous!

Follow Us

Hi13 original Charger KEYU KA1440 is dangerous!

[Copy link]

artowi|Post time:Half hour(s) ago View:996|Reply:44

MrMkayMan| Post time 8-9-2017 02:30:36 | Show all posts
mgeorgescu1990 replied at 8-8-2017 09:21
Ok so, bad news, I bought the Aukey charger that was recommended, all good for almost two weeks, I c ...

I think you are better of with a decent laptop/tablet and send your current Chuwi back for service. Something really fishy is going on with charging and the USB-C port. I received my Aukey yesterday ans so far so good, just charged with original charger 1 time.

But it frightens me that things can go bad also with a 'good' charger. You can verify if the cable makes good connection with the device by pressing it sturdy against the tablet.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-9-2017 03:49:31 | Show all posts
[Open] Hi13 DCMissue#2 [Poll]- original Keyu Charger/Power Adapter
Let's gather some numbers to show Chuwi and everyone.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

amichael| Post time 8-10-2017 15:16:18 | Show all posts
MrMkayMan replied at 8-9-2017 02:30
I think you are better of with a decent laptop/tablet and send your current Chuwi back for service ...

If I were you, I'd test to make sure the cable is 5V instead of 12V before I used it. If you manage to connect it to testing equipment and it's showing 12V, that means it'll damage the chip. All USB PD chargers will start at 5 V and allow the devices to negotiate a higher charge.

Use magic Report

Ferreol| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
First Thank You @artowi for this advice.
Second : I'm extremely disappointed by Chuwi support !
Third : I will receive my Hi13 today. So if I have understood all. since I don't plug anything else than the Charger KEYU KA1440 on the USB-C and since I don't use the original Charger while I use the boot menu or the bios menu there is no risk for the EJ898A chip ?

Use magic Report

HûntSt°rJonny| Post time Half hour(s) ago | Show all posts
Is mine already roasted?

damn seems like i red this 2 days too late :-(
but should be covered by guarantee

Can someone please confirm for me, that on a fully functionally tablet otg works on the usb-c port!

i'm a bit confused, cause other chargers than the original work for me, cause others with roasted chip, can't do this anymore. later that day i will try the recommend aukey charger

I tried with mouse and usb-stick, both work und the micro usb port and the keyboard-dock, but not on the usb-c port, so driver things shouldn't be a thing.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list