ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Vi8 Hello Emily,

Follow Us

Hello Emily,

[Copy link]

loujb|Post time:8-6-2017 08:26:42 View:502|Reply:46

loujb| Post time 7-31-2017 12:43:10 | Show all posts
I'm somewhat confused.  I've tried everything mentioned and nothing will activate the usb device to start downloading.  However, now I'm getting three diffent screens.  Not only do I get the DNX fastboot screen waiting for command, I also occasionally get the following screen: a Windows logo flashing and the Android logo.  If I click on the volume up it switches to the Android logo flashing.  The screen does not respond to either, and when the mouse shows up, moving it one to the other or clicking on one or the other does nothing.  The third screen is the one that says:  Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We'll restart for you. If you'd lilke to know more, you can search online later for this error. INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE.
Help !  and many many thanks for all of your help.  Lou
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-31-2017 14:13:56 | Show all posts
loujb replied at 7-31-2017 23:43
I'm somewhat confused.  I've tried everything mentioned and nothing will activate the usb device to  ...

Hello Lou,
I do hope you coped with the problem of getting out of the DNX Mode? Well, now we can proceed to the computer literacy course for Dummies. This is not a joke, but my quite serious intention to teach you a little.
Please download and read carefully my tutorial in the thread. Any question?

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 8-1-2017 06:50:35 | Show all posts
Hi there again, Motobot,
I followed your instructions to the letter yesterday, doing what you claim computer course for dummies, since I,m not at all that tecky, I even downloaded and reinstalled everything as suggested, one item at a time, zipping to the newly formatted usb drive.  I saw some movements (light flashing) on usb drive when I started clicking on F7 as soon as Chuwi name appeared on black screen, but nothig else.  Removed the usb drive, turned down and rebooted, and rebooted after reconnecting the usb drive, holding down the power and volume control (left, next to power button) after the Chuwi introduction, I got the two logos and started clicking again on the F7 key, but nothing, nothing  My many attempts to get the usb drive to go failed.  I'm now thinking of using another usb drive and starting from scratch.  Will let you  know how well I do.  Thanks for being so supportive.  Have a great day.  Lou

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 8-1-2017 07:23:40 | Show all posts
Hello again Motobot
Well, did what I wanted with the other USB drive, a 32 gb one this time. Once I start I get the Chuwi  intel inside greeting and following several seconds of loading the screen changes from black to blue with the following:  Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We'll restart for you. If you'd lilke to know more, you can search online later for this error. INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE.  The flash drive flashed twice, and then nothing. Unless I push and hold the power button, it continues giving me the Chuwi greeting and goes to YOUR PS RAN INTO A PROBLEM, ETC.
Grateful for whatever other assistance you can give me.  Have a great day.  Lou

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-1-2017 17:41:05 | Show all posts
loujb replied at 8-1-2017 18:23
Hello again Motobot
Well, did what I wanted with the other USB drive, a 32 gb one this time. Once I  ...

Hello again Lou,
I do apologize for my mistake. I was wrong with the model of your tablet. But now I have fixed it. You should re-download the install file and the tutorial from this thread.
Please note that you should use ESC key to enter the UEFI menu. Please read the new tutorial and download new install file.

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 8-4-2017 06:38:55 | Show all posts
Thanks again Motobot,
Unfortunately, following your last instructions, nothing came from it.  After charging tablet for three-four hours, and sometimes more, I connected the Otg with the keyboard, usb drive, and keep getting the Chuwi screen followed by the usual 'YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM... up to INACCESIBLE BOOT DRIVE''
I see the light flashing a couple of times on the usb drive after clicking on the ESC, but nothing else.  The usb drive doesn't do anything else.  I've tried using another usb drive, same thing.  I really dont know what to do.  Any further assistance from you is most appreciated.  Have a great day. Lou

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-4-2017 07:17:29 | Show all posts
OK Lou,
Let's try again. It's better to format your flash drive by Rufus utility. You can find the app itself, its screenshot and rufus.ini file in Rufus folder. See attached Rufus.zip file.
Insert your USB flash drive into external PC and format it with Rufus.
You have to run rufus-2.8p.exe. Select your USB flash drive and configure the following format options.
Partition scheme and target system type: GPT partition scheme for UEFI
File system: NTFS
New volume label: WINPE
check "Quick format"
check "Create a bootable disk using", and select "UEFI:NTFS"
uncheck "Create extended label and icon files"
To be visible all options click the triangle next to the "Format options" section.
Please be careful. Compare your selects with the screenshot. This should look like this.
After formatting you should Unzip the downloaded install package to root of your USB drive. Then try to install Windows again.
Good Luck!
Rufus Screenshot.png

Rufus.zip

845.1 KB, Downloads: 1

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 8-5-2017 12:47:31 | Show all posts
Thank you once more Motobot for your help, however, once again unable to get USB drive  to go.  I've tried with three different usb drives, no go.  Here's what I did:
Dowloaded Rufus, unziped and ran it with one of my three usb drives.  Followed the above to have exact same settings before proceeding to start the formatting.  Once formatted (did it for all three USB drives), redownloaded the Win10 x86 1506 en, etc, unzipped it and sent it to the usb drive.  Started my Chuwi tablet,
with cable adapter in and pushing and holding the power and down volume buttons.  Once the Windows and Android logo showed up, I held the down volume to keep it on the screen, otherwise it would disappear and go the next blue screen showing Inaccessible boot device - and then I connected my OTG with the keyboard and usb drive and pressed the ESC key on the keyboard.  The usb drive flashes twice and I pressed the ESC key again and it flashed twice again, but then it goes to blue screen and Inaccessible booting device.  When it goes to the logo screen, it doesn't stay there very long, that's why I have to hurry to push-in the OTG while holding on to the volume button so that the logo screen doesn't disappear, thus allowing me to push the ESC key to activate the USB drive.  Any further help is appreciated.  I'm very patient and am willing to try anything to get this tablet going again.  So, feel free to let me know what to do next.  Again
my SINCERE THANKS.   Lou

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-5-2017 14:40:41 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 8-6-2017 02:04

Hi Lou,
I do hope that we can bring the matter to its logical conclusion. You can always count on my help.
First, I noticed the following oddity in your actions.
pushing and holding the power and down volume buttons

It's a splendid piece of nonsense.
Where you've read that the tablet should be turn on this strange way? It was your first and obvious mistake, but I'm afraid it's not the only one.
Just forget about the simultaneous pressing of these two buttons. Instead, always turn your tablet on by pressing the Power button only for no more than 3-4 seconds.
You need a USB keyboard. But there is no mention of it in your description of your actions. Please read carefully my tutorial and pay attantion to this:
Connect USB-OTG Cable and Hub. Insert your USB flash drive into any of USB ports of your HUB. Connect USB
keyboard
into other USB port of the HUB. Reboot your tablet. BUT IN YOUR CASE YOU SHOULD TURN THE TABLET ON. When Chuwi logo appears click Esc key briefly with frequent short clicks until the UEFI Menu screen appears.

All stuff such as hub, flash drive and keyboard should be connected before turning on the device, but you tried to do this during the power-on process. This is another mistake.
Please try again and do not worry. I'm here to help you

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 8-6-2017 08:26:42 | Show all posts
Sorry my friend, yes indeed, if somewhat went astray from the instructions, but I thought I had to in order to get the two logos to show on the screen and only then could I click on the ESC key.  I tried doing what you say, connected everything (Keyboard and flash drive which I then connected to the HUB.  Then connected the Hub to the USB=OTG cable.  Then only I restarted the tablet and turned it off, reconnected again and let it go through its routine, first with the Chuwi screen appearing and then it always goes to the Inaccessible Boot Device, at which point I can't do anything, as it loops back until I hold power button to turn it off.  
Sorry for my mistakes, but I still can't get the UEFI menu to appear on the screen.  Thanks for your help.  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list