ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Vi8 Hello Emily,

Follow Us

Hello Emily,

[Copy link]

loujb|Post time:9-5-2017 11:55:48 View:445|Reply:46

Motobot| Post time 8-18-2017 21:42:55 | Show all posts
Hello Lou,
First of all, you have got Chuwi Vi8 tablet. So all links that was gave you in the first page of the thread are wrong, because CWI506 is Vi8, but not Vi8 Plus.
You can count on my advice, but you need other help now. It should be a help in solving hardware problems rather than just advice. Perhaps you should seek help at any nearest computer repair shop.
From all that we have tried, we can conclude that your tablet "does not see" the connected keyboard. You can not move forward without solving this problem.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 8-19-2017 05:36:23 | Show all posts
Ok, Motobot, thanks very much.  I'll do that, and let you know.  Lou

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 9-4-2017 03:23:27 | Show all posts
Hello again my friend, Motobot.  Hope things are going well with you?
I've decided to do what is suggested in Emily's No. 9 list.
9. BIOS drop out
Need to disassemble the machine with a jig on the computer to brush BIOS, it can not directly use U disk to operate;
Can you tell me where I can get step-by-step tutorial to accomplish this?  Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 9-4-2017 13:30:06 | Show all posts
Hello Lou,
I do not know what Emily's suggestions you wrote about. Give me a link to the Emily's post, please.

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 9-4-2017 15:01:18 | Show all posts
Hi Motobot, thanks for your reply.  The following is the link to Emily's reference to BIOS reset.  No. 9 to be more exact.  Thanks again for your time and effort
in this, what should I call it??   Venture??  Thanks much my friend.  Anxiously awaiting your reply.  

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3965-1-1.html

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 9-4-2017 17:54:03 | Show all posts
Hi Lou,
Your tablet can turn on and perform POST (Power On Self Test). This is evidenced by the appearance of the Chuwi logo when it turned on.
So, the suggestions from that thread could not be applied to your case in any way.
Your tablet "does not see" the connected keyboard.
This is the only problem. The cause of this defect may be either a malfunction of the tablet's USB port or any connected components (OTG cable or keyboard).
You can not move forward without solving this problem.

Use magic Report

loujb| Post time 9-5-2017 07:46:27 | Show all posts
Sorry my friend, I really don't understand what you're saying.  When connected to the keyboard, my tablet reacts, but the since the BIOS was changed, it doesn't acknowledge the signal and doesn't know what to do.  The BIOS is not reached in any way.  I really need to reset the BIOS from inside the tablet.  I thought you understood that.  I need to reset the BIOS, so I can get it to see the keyboard.  When connected and by cliking the ESC key, the HUB flashes twice  to show that the signal gets to it, but since the BIOS was changed, it does not react to the signal.  I hope this is somewhat clearer.  Your reply above shows indifference.  Maybe you've decided it isn't worth the effort?  Thanks anyways for your assistance, however, negtative it may look like.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 9-5-2017 11:55:48 | Show all posts
Hi my friend,
I'm sorry that you do not understand me. I think I did everything I could in these circumstances. Unfortunately, I can not add anything new to what I wrote earlier.
I remind you that I received your video earlier. Therefore, I saw what the problem looks like.
To reset BIOS you need to enter BIOS Setup. To do this, your tablet must to respond to cliking the Esc key.  So, the circle is closed.
I suggest you contact a nearest computer repair shop.
I am sorry.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list