ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Latest revision of LapBook 14.1 has a power manageme ...

Follow Us

Latest revision of LapBook 14.1 has a power management bug!

[Copy link]

Ernst|Post time:8-12-2017 00:25:34 View:1340|Reply:37

See my post here:

https://techtablets.com/forum/to ... r-management-bug-2/

To summarize; the CPU never enters the powersaving mode "Package C6" with the result of a dramatic battery life of around 3:30 hrs. The original version did 5:45 hrs.

Chuwi: please fix this!

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 9-5-2017 14:27:26 | Show all posts
nothing, I will eat my shorts if they issue a fix for this problem.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 7-30-2017 22:43:42 | Show all posts
hello, Ernst, very thank you for you advice, i will contact the team, by the way, did you try this:
power consumption fast
1, check the flat-panel accessories, Even there is  short circuit phenomenon , unplug the peripheral equipment;
2, there are many applications on the plat background , close the unused applications ; WIFI and Bluetooth consume too much power, when not use this two accessories , you can  close  Bluetooth and Wifi .
3, the display brightness is too bright, transferred it to the appropriate brightness;
4, the software conflict can also cause power  consume fast, uninstall the software conflict with the system  .
5, the system is not working properly, resulting in power control chip can not be configured according to the optimal power, can be resolved through brushing machine;
6, The battery problem, only replace the battery  can solve this problem ;
7, motherboard short circuit, components Weld, bad power supply IC and other hardware reasons , it need to be resolved after specific testing;
have a good day
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 7-31-2017 12:03:44 | Show all posts
Emily, This has nothing to do with what you suggest. There is a bug in the BIOS or in the cooperation between the firmware and the Intel HD Graphics driver. (I tried all versions of the driver.)

When idle the GPU core of the N3450 consumes between 5 and 6 Watt of power! This only happens on the latest revision LapBook 14.1, with the same Windows setup, the original LapBook 14.1 with BIOS 017 runs 6 hours on a battery charge. The latest LapBook with BIOS 026 only runs for 3 hours.

It is not only me reporting this, on techtablets.com other buyers have the same problem.

If you use HWINFO you can see that on an idle system the GPU wastes 5 Watt.

The same bug was present in BIOS 011 in the older LapBook 14.1 and was solved in BIOS 012 or 017.

Please solve this in a new BIOS for the latest revision of the LapBook 14.1, the version with the shorter metal bar inside and the clip for the M.2 SSD.

Please!

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-3-2017 17:55:11 | Show all posts
Ernst replied at 7-31-2017 12:03
Emily, This has nothing to do with what you suggest. There is a bug in the BIOS or in the cooperatio ...

OK, Ernst, i will help you contact the service for the new bios, could you please tell me you serial number? have a good day

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 8-4-2017 09:40:19 | Show all posts
Emily,

The serial number is:

Z L14 Q64G40170400225

Thanks,

Ernst

Use magic Report

TFMeouch| Post time 8-6-2017 18:31:06 | Show all posts
I am having the same issue as Ernst as well. Please help us get the BIOS updated to make this laptop perfect.

Use magic Report

Ben16w| Post time 8-7-2017 04:45:29 | Show all posts
I have the same problem as well!

Use magic Report

lukechuwiowner| Post time 8-10-2017 12:17:42 | Show all posts
i have also had the same problem, i found that if i uninstall intel hd graphics driver the battery life and performance improves massivly. however, while it is uninstalled i cant put my lapbook to sleep and if i restart it automattically reinstalls

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 8-10-2017 13:00:07 | Show all posts
Yes, with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the situation is better but the GPU still consumes around 1.5 Watt where at idle it should be close to zero.

Having that driver is no option. Slow graphics, no sleep, no DirectX, no proper resolution etc.

This is a real problem and I hope Chuwi fixes it. In the meantime my company stopped buying the LapBook. The Cube Thinker is now our preferred notebook.

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 8-12-2017 00:25:34 | Show all posts
Same here but chuwi will not help us because there support is very poor.  Are only chance is to find a newer bios on a newer model of laptbook 14.1 and extract the bios.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list