ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Latest revision of LapBook 14.1 has a power manageme ...

Follow Us

Latest revision of LapBook 14.1 has a power management bug!

[Copy link]

Ernst|Post time:The day before yesterday 14:21 View:396|Reply:17

tom55day| Post time 8-12-2017 00:30:48 | Show all posts
this now means the chuwi 14.1 is a utter pile of poo, they have under clocked it never goes above 1500Mhz and battery life is a trashy 3 hours.  AVOID THIS laptop at all cost!!!
This is now affectly the same as the ATOMs laptop from last year.  You have been WARNED!

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
@Emily...

Any news?

As "tom55day" above says; the second revision of the LapBook 14.1 with just 3 hours of battery life and underclocking is useless...

I was planning to buy a couple more but tis is on hold now. Will probably buy a brand that does support their users.... HP for instance.

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
HWINFO mentions that the GPU cores use upto 5 Watt when idle but CoreTemp states that this power usage is caused by "uncore" which are those parts of the CPU package outside processing and graphics cores. Weird since using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter decreases the power used to 2 Watt. Which would suggest that it is not the GPU cores that consume all this power but something else...

Anyways; it is upto Chuwi to come with a solution for this crap.

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
And they never fixed this because there support is P A N T S

Use magic Report

baron1| Post time The day before yesterday 12:38 | Show all posts
You are right, i think getting such a laptop is always a gamble.... anyway i am more concerned about BIOS, and when the BIOS can be released for this latest hardware revision that allows LINUX installation

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time The day before yesterday 13:42 | Show all posts
baron1 replied at 8-20-2017 21:38
You are right, i think getting such a laptop is always a gamble.... anyway i am more concerned about ...

TBH, don't get your hopes to high up, but ill make sure they (Chuwi) know ppl want it
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time The day before yesterday 14:10 | Show all posts
Utter useless support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time The day before yesterday 14:21 | Show all posts

You buy a cheap knock off from China, wtf did you exspect ?
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list