ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Latest revision of LapBook 14.1 has a power manageme ...

Follow Us

Latest revision of LapBook 14.1 has a power management bug!

[Copy link]

Ernst|Post time:9-5-2017 14:02:15 View:1028|Reply:36

tom55day| Post time 8-25-2017 13:38:34 | Show all posts
Edited by tom55day at 8-25-2017 13:41
Hackerjac replied at 8-20-2017 14:21
You buy a cheap knock off from China, wtf did you exspect ?

I am not expecting them to send a courier from china pick it up and fix it but at least some support would be nice.  All we get is stupid robot replies like reload windows, clear bios, update drivers for issues were these are totally not the answer.  

Hosting the correct BIOS on the forums and not a version of firmware that blanks newer machines.  Chuwi knew this was an issue becuase when i pointed this out they instantly remove all bois files, too little too late.

Be honest and stating that the internal of the laptop book 14.1 have changed and the battery no longer last 9 hours but more like 3, its an issue we know about it and are looking into it.

And when they have new firmware to release it here and not keep only for new purchases.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

AdK| Post time 8-28-2017 02:00:20 | Show all posts
I have similar battery issue with a second (?) revision, battery lasts like 3-3,5h so a proper BIOS revision to fix that would be more than welcome.

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 8-28-2017 13:09:18 | Show all posts
@AdK;

The power management bug is present in ALL 2nd. release LapBooks. The one with some internal changes, most importantly the shorter metal bar and the clip for the M.2 SSD.
To be honest I don't even know whether the 3rd. release, the one with a totally different motherboard without the M.2 slot, has the same problem.

I have stopped buying any Chuwi notebooks. Within my company we where planning to buy several hundreds... but we are currently evaluating other brands. Chuwi screwed up here. I have lost all faith. And Emily is nowhere to be found I reckon.

@tom55day;

You are right. But as you and I have found out, Chinese firms do not spend money on support. That is why a.o. their prices are low. Also keep in mind that Chuwi bought these motherboards from Hampoo so they are dependant on BIOS support from them.

Use magic Report

baron1| Post time 8-29-2017 11:32:55 | Show all posts
Ernst replied at 8-28-2017 13:09
@AdK;

The power management bug is present in ALL 2nd. release LapBooks. The one with some internal  ...

If they bought from hampoo is it possible for us to contact them directly for a new version of BIOS ?

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 8-29-2017 23:26:54 | Show all posts
baron1 replied at 8-29-2017 11:32
If they bought from hampoo is it possible for us to contact them directly for a new version of BIO ...

not a bean of a chance.  Someone could take a chance and obtain the firmware from the 3rd hardward revison and try it on the hardware revision we have (short bar with m.2 slot) but I doubt it will work.  Looks like we have some lemons that will never get fixed.  Thanks Chuwi.

Use magic Report

baron1| Post time 8-30-2017 01:59:40 | Show all posts
This is not good. on my machine the bios version is AN9v 0.10 x64. I guess it is the 3rd Version  ?

Use magic Report

Ben16w| Post time 8-30-2017 05:33:03 | Show all posts
Just tired the newest build of Ubuntu 17.10 and I'm finding none of power management problems. During stress testing the cpu runs at 2100mhz at 90degC.Also battery gives a prediction of 5+ hours. Interesting... Maybe it's just a problem with Windows 10?

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 8-30-2017 07:06:34 | Show all posts
Ben16w replied at 8-30-2017 05:33
Just tired the newest build of Ubuntu 17.10 and I'm finding none of power management problems. Durin ...

Hard to tell. It must be some problem between Windows and the hardware. I suspect the settings for power management in the BIOS.

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 8-30-2017 08:29:08 | Show all posts
Funny fact. I just saw that aside from all the spelling and syntax mistakes, the Chuwi advert for the September sale advertises the LapBook 15.6 with its long battery life. We all know why they don't  say that for the 14.1 LapBook

And they have a draw for 3 LapBook Airs. Too little too late. No Chuwi for me anymore. No support? No sale! No customer!

Use magic Report

njalves| Post time 9-5-2017 14:02:15 | Show all posts
any news, same problem here...

some keys are a bit stuck...forget fast tipping

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list