ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 HELP! Tried to reinstall windows and nothing works

Follow Us

HELP! Tried to reinstall windows and nothing works

[Copy link]

idoshamriz|Post time:7-31-2017 11:45:55 View:126|Reply:6

Hey,
I have my own version of Windows that I always use and I wanted to install it on my Chuwi Hi10 Pro (Z8350). So I did just like I did on my laptop three days ago - I used rufus to flash the Window's iso on a USB stick, put it inside the tablet and booted from it. I wanted to install the new Windows instead of the default one, so I FORMATTED the Windows' partition. The problem is now when I am trying to install it, I keep getting an error message: "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one".

I read some solutions online that said that I should clean up the entire disk, but I don't want to because that way I will lose my Android's partition (that still everything works fine in Android and the first dual-boot screen BTW)

Is there any way that I will be able to install Windows on the same partition I formatted? I don't want to mess up my dual boot configuration and I don't want to delete any partition because of that.

Thanks

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-30-2017 14:34:35 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 7-30-2017 23:36

To reinstall Windows not only have to delete the Windows partition but also have to delete 3 other partitions that the Windows installer creates. The partitions to be deleted are 12-13-14 and 15. Since you have deleted the corresponding one for Windows you will only have to delete 3, starting at 12 that will be 100 Mb.
Once these partitions are removed, you must install windows in the unallocated space that remains after deleting these partitions.
The installer will create the necessary partitions and your device will return to normal
particiones.jpg
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

chiwei| Post time 7-30-2017 22:51:28 | Show all posts
Edited by chiwei at 7-30-2017 22:52

Maybe you can directly clone system to the original system partition so as not to disturb the dual boot configuration as well as keep data safe.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-31-2017 01:38:50 | Show all posts
chiwei replied at 7-31-2017 07:51
Maybe you can directly clone system to the original system partition so as not to disturb the dual b ...

It does not affect dual boot at all what I have said.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

idoshamriz| Post time 7-31-2017 10:18:42 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 7-30-2017 14:34
To reinstall Windows not only have to delete the Windows partition but also have to delete 3 other p ...

Well, it seems like a reasonable solution, however I afraid that It will affect my dual boot configuration. Will it be saved and be fine?

Thanks

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-31-2017 11:02:46 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 7-31-2017 20:08

It's not that it's reasonable, it's like that, and I've run it hundreds of times.

It does not affect dual boot at all what I have said.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

idoshamriz| Post time 7-31-2017 11:45:55 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 7-31-2017 11:02
It's not that it's reasonable, it's like that, and I've run it hundreds of times.

It does not affe ...

Thanks a lot!!!

Worked like a charm, hope it will help to other people as well

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list