ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD HEAVY DUTY TABLET CASE

Follow Us

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD HEAVY DUTY TABLET CASE

[Copy link]

treybraid|Post time:8-9-2017 15:15:12 View:128|Reply:7

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD HEAVY DUTY TABLET CASE

...not a sleeve or cover; but, a heavy duty case like this one from lenova:  

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-2-2017 00:07:59 | Show all posts
could you please tell me which kind of  tablet you have?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-2-2017 01:00:36 | Show all posts
emily replied at 8-2-2017 09:07
could you please tell me which kind of  tablet you have?

Since its posted in Hi12 subforum, ill guess OP have a Hi12
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 8-2-2017 07:35:03 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 8-2-2017 07:38

I sort of doubt that you're likely to find a rubberized case for a Chinese tablet unless it was designed to be a toughened product from the get-go...  Those sorts of things are usually either designed by the manufacturer as a custom accessory specifically for a certain product being pushed to targeted industries(service industries mostly), military, etc., or produced by third parties usually only for devices expected to sell in pretty high volumes due to the cost of molds, etc. to produce the parts.  We're not talking cheap here as it's a bit larger than your average OtterBox...

I wouldn't mind having such a case either if it looked good, came in black, didn't cost 1/4 of what I paid for the tablet, etc., but I doubt it'd happen unless there was demand enough for such a product.  You might find such a product designed for a similarly sized model from another manufacturer that is close enough in size to work, but I doubt it as they are usually pretty model specific.
You'd be a lot more likley to find something like:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6G ... 29011_t1_B01MSPM1A5

which appeared as alternative item for comprison on the amazon page you linked.

Use magic Report

treybraid| Post time 8-2-2017 07:54:03 | Show all posts
Yea that wont work....  I might go ahead and purchase that Lenova Case in the next couple of weeks and see how that works...  I've got a dremell tool if I need to cut out new holes along the edge.  That one looks the closest in size and design to this tablet...

Trey

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 8-2-2017 18:44:37 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 8-2-2017 18:51

Good Luck!

I've just been doing similar research trying to find a decent glass screen protector for a Nuvision TM800W610L 8" Win 10 tablet (the ones M$ was selling in their store for around $59-69 during their Christmas deals.)  Takes a lot of comparing and no small amount of fishing around trying to find accurate specifications to find something that fits other items...  you'd think the brand Z guys would wise up and try to find a currently, or at least previously, manufactured item with the same size and layout and emulate it in order to have an accessories market available for their products, but they haven't quite twigged to the idea just yet it seems.  I mean if you're not going to be able to manufacture accessories, why not leverage a similar case size and layout if within reason?

I also modified a nice Zagg Folio keyboard designed for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 that has fully(the letters light in color too) backlit keys to fit the Nuvision -I have a couple more coming, at $6 they were hard to pass up and I just bought another Nuvision for my niece.  Same basic X5-Z8300 design as the original Hi12s(well more like a Hi8, pretty much identical to the Teclast X80 Power), but limited to 2GB of RAM, 32GB of Flash, and an 8" 1920x1200 IPS LCD in a nice aluminum case that weighs under 10 ounces and comes with only Win 10, not dual boot, but what do you want for under $80?

Thought it might just fit according to the specs I could find online, but it turned out the Nuvision was a bit longer than the Samsung was reported to be, but same width, so a little surgery and sanding had to be performed on the part of the plastic folio designed to hold the tablet in place.  Next comes a little filling of inappropriately placed holes(camera & rear speaker) in the back with some epoxy and the application of a piece of self stick black leather textured vinyl to improve the final appearance.  It won't have protection around the outer edge of the tablet, but the silver aluminum case looks sharp next to the black textured plastic/vinyl and the aluminum case should stand up well as long as it isn't dropped from height onto a hard surface.  This is more a keyboard accessory than a protective case anyhow, it's easy to pop the tablet out for ereader or browsing use, but the keyboard really turns it into a "mini laptop" and makes the free versions of Microsoft Word, etc, available for tablets worth having.
Just for laughs, and head scratching, there is a silicone case available for the yet more obsure Nuvision TM800W610L that I mentioned!  ;-)

Use magic Report

treybraid| Post time 8-9-2017 05:36:41 | Show all posts
Yea I think I'm going to buy that Gumdrop for the Lenova--the specs are almost spot on and the case is exactly what I'm looking for though I imagine I'm gong to have to get out the Dremmel tool, some sandpaper and epoxy to get it to fit like I want it.

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 8-9-2017 15:15:12 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 8-9-2017 15:19

Best of luck!  It's a nice looking case.  Post back and let us see how it comes out!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list