ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Vi8] [Unofficial Version] Windows 10 Creators Updat ...

Follow Us

[Vi8] [Vi8] [Unofficial Version] Windows 10 Creators Update x86 En-US

[Copy link]

Motobot|Post time:1-12-2018 04:39:30 View:846|Reply:6

Hi all,
I think that many people will agree that it's ridiculous to have a Dual Boot tablet with 32GB ROM. Therefore, it is better to have one OS on a tablet with such a small ROM amount.
This guide is for those who want to install Windows 10 as a Single OS for their Chuwi Vi8 1501, 1503, 1505, 1506.
You can download the compiled install file of Windows 10 Creators Update x86 En-US from Google Drive. It’s designed to install the OS in the usual way, as you do on a desktop PC.
It contains:
1. clear original Windows 10 Home x86 En-US install file with no other language packs;
2. all Chuwi Vi8 drivers;
3. July 11, 2017—KB4025342 (OS Build 15063.483) update.

Win10_x86_15063.483_en-US_Chuwi_Vi8_SingleBoot.zip

How to Install Windows 10 on Your Chuwi Vi8 as a Single OS.pdf

1.17 MB, Downloads: 277

Tutorial

Use magic Report

dragwar| Post time 8-3-2017 06:34:06 | Show all posts
Edited by dragwar at 8-3-2017 06:35

HI, thanks for your work, can i do this with chuwi vi8 CW1519? I tried it today but it seems the BIOS/UEFI is locked, I can't change the boot order menu and my flashdrive and sd card not show in the menu. Also, the interface of the BIOS/UEFI is a bit different. there is no Graphical UI like the pic you put in the tutorial file. Instead, it has traditional BIOS interface with Blue and Grey color scheme like this:_   
Can you help me?

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-3-2017 10:46:21 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 8-3-2017 21:56

Hello dragwar,
You should be more attentive. If I'm not mistaken, the CWI 519 model is not a Vi8 at all, but V8 plus. It's not CW1519
I think you should read the thread.
By the way your screenshot is from Cube iWork 10 tablet! Why are you acting so weird?

Use magic Report

dragwar| Post time 8-18-2017 16:49:11 | Show all posts
Edited by dragwar at 8-18-2017 16:52
Motobot replied at 8-3-2017 10:46
Hello dragwar,
You should be more attentive. If I'm not mistaken, the CWI 519 model is not a Vi8 at  ...

first, thanks for reply and sorry it take this long for me to reply.
Let me stright things up:
1. i didn't know that my models was vi8 plus. i looked at the back of the tablet and saw only the "Vi8" logo so i thought it was Vi8 and serial number that looked like "CW1519" but it actually "CWI519". well it was my bad.

2. At that time, i want to tell you that the BIOS/UEFI is locked and i couldn't change the boot order and the interface of my tablet and the interface in your guide are different. I want to show you that
there is no Graphical UI like the pic you put in the tutorial file.

when i enter the BIOS/UEFI.

Instead,
it has traditional BIOS interface with Blue and Grey color scheme

Ii didn't have my phone at the time so i couldn't send my tablet BIOS/UEFI interface pic to you. So for example, i looked for similar BIOS/UEFI interface with my tablet interface on google and i found one that looked similar.

But then, today i found that my tablet is completely different model. It makes sense now that the interface are different. Sorry it was my bad, i will try the tutoorial you gave me when i have the keyboard.

Sorry for the troubles and thank you for your guide. ^^

Use magic Report

knubble| Post time 1-12-2018 03:22:26 | Show all posts
Thanks for the guide! Windows 10 works like a charm.

I had to format my usb drive to FAT32, though. My NTFS partition was not recognized by the boot manager.

Use magic Report

thaayb| Post time 1-12-2018 04:03:36 | Show all posts
Thank you for your work motobot!
I am just being curious, would it be possible to create a .wim file containing all updates, that can be used like the original chuwi installer?The original .wim file contains more or less the full windows filesystem, so in theory someone should be abe to install the original Installer, fetch all updates and create a.wim file? I did not read into this in detail, but I think this would be an interesting project, because this would make it easy, to create "updated" images for DualBoot users.
Never perform a bios update on a working device!
NWRK.BIZ

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 1-12-2018 04:39:30 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 1-12-2018 17:18
thaayb replied at 1-12-2018 15:03
Thank you for your work motobot!
I am just being curious, would it be possible to create a .wim file ...

Hi thaayb,
I have been doing this for my Hi12 tablet for a long time. Here's my something like a manual. Click Click

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list