[Open]Aukey recommended charger stopped working - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Open]Aukey recommended charger stopped working

Follow Us

[Open]Aukey recommended charger stopped working

[Copy link]

mgeorgescu1990|Post time:8-9-2017 03:18:53 View:1271|Reply:37

Edited by mgeorgescu1990 at 8-23-2017 23:28

Ok so, bad news, I bought the Aukey charger(AMP PD DUO USB-C Wall Charger PA-Y7)that was recommended, all good for almost two weeks, I charged the tablet with the original charger only two times. Now after almost two weeks the Aukey charger does not work anymore. I also ordered a new Aukey charger AND cable thinking that one of them is faulty , and no, the new ones still can´t charge the tablet. So there is no other way just to charge the tablet with the original charger, I need the tablet for my studies. The original one (Keyu) charges it but the stories that you guys told me scare me . So yea, what happened ? What could have caused the issue? The tablet does not get hot on standby and the battery lifetime is decent.  This is really frustrating! What are my options?
Regards,
Mihail Georgescu

Diagnostic

Currently charges only with the KEYU original charger.

VIDEO PROOF : Chuwi HI13 Defective USB-C PORT

Chuwi Official Store Conversation ( They have NO interest in solving this situation , look at the ignorance of the seller )

SERVICE

Contacted the Chuwi service on 8-Aug-2017 by e-mail : STILL NO ANSWER

7:37 PM - 8.8.2017   :  Charging looks good at the moment got around 13% charge in 27 minutes.

1:05 PM - 9.8.2017   :  Since yesterday I am charging the tablet using the original charger. The tablet feels hot!

9:57 PM - 9.8.2017   :  Just tried an USB-Type C Flash Drive , the tablet doesn't detect the device, so yea it's not the charger.

5:58 PM - 11.8.2017 :  Ok , just tried an USB-C OTG adapter and some other USB devices , none of them worked. Tested the same devices and adapter on my PC works very good. So yea , the USB C port is toasted.

4:11 PM - 18.8.2017 : 10 days since I contacted Chuwi, sent 4 e-mails including video proof , link to this post and detailed issue, Not even a "thank you for contacting us" , I mean, I don't even know if they received my message, this is really frustrating, NEVER AGAIN

9:20 AM - 24.8.2017 : I finally contacted with SOMEONE, service never responded to my e-mails, Chuwi's seller gave me a phone number to contact that person on Whatsapp claiming to be THE SERVICE; she decided, that I should send the tablet back to China for repairs, Imagine to send the tablet back to china after that slow response, it would take MONTHS, the wierd thing is that RIGHT on their page said that they have support service here in Spain. Anyway I decided to contact the Chuwi's seller, long story short, he doesn't want to refund me.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-8-2017 12:59:30 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 8-8-2017 22:05

It looks like the voltage negotiator chip was working on its last legs before it stopped telling the other chargers that they may send 12v, so nothing will work except the original charger which as explained by the original explanation thread by OP on the topic, sends 12v no matter what.

The problem, the scarry stuff, happens in specific situations. I've not forum researched all of those threads nor that thread's OP's posts to know these situations.

From what I remember avoid rebooting while on the original charger.
Avoid booting up while on the original charger.
Plug in only when completely ON OR OFF.
I think..

Edit: if I got it correctly, watchout for the auto restart of windows updates when takes effect.

Edit2: you might also consider a temporary replacement and a warranty path, because your C port now perhaps can only be used for charging, and not any external devices. So no USB3 speeds either. You can test that with an OTG adapter to see if the Hi13 responds to external devices in the type c.

Edits: clarity + additions.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-8-2017 21:44:18 | Show all posts
ok, could you please contact the service: service@chuwi.com and tell her you ant to buy a original charger, i think she will help you, have a good day

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-9-2017 02:13:31 | Show all posts
emily replied at 8-9-2017 06:44
ok, could you please contact the service:  and tell her you ant to buy a original charger, i think s ...

He has the original charger. I don't know where you missed on the forum that the original charger has been "found guilty" of taking too much risk with 12v by default when the tablet sometimes is still negotiating voltage or something. The original charger chosen by Chuwi has been at least accused of breaking internal chips, shortening battery life, leading to hot batteries, and burning type c connection of the Hi13. Please keep up with the Hi13 subforum. He needs to live with the damaged Hi13 or get it fixed through his seller or Chuwi. Wondering if his current Hi13 will recognize connected external devices with it.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-9-2017 02:27:36 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 8-9-2017 12:16
emily replied at 8-9-2017 06:44
ok, could you please contact the service: service@chuwi.com and tell her you ant to buy a original charger, i think she will help you, have a good day

Please see the sticky thread: Hi13 original Charger KEYU KA1440 is dangerous!

Edits: quote completion.

Use magic Report

MrMkayMan| Post time 8-9-2017 02:34:54 | Show all posts
Don't you think they see it? But prefer to stick their heads in the sand?

Use magic Report

mgeorgescu1990| Post time 8-9-2017 03:04:26 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 8-9-2017 02:13
He has the original charger. I don't know where you missed on the forum that the original charger  ...

Zen unfortunely I do not own any USB type C devices that I can connect , but as people previously reported, no device will be recognized. I will try to buy an USB-C external drive.

And also for Emily! Yes I own the original "charger". Currently using it! Tablet feels hot and dangerous when using it. With the previous Aukey charger, the tablet felt warmer at touch. I also sent an e-mail to the service center about this issue. This is really unacceptable!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-9-2017 03:09:40 | Show all posts
MrMkayMan replied at 8-9-2017 11:34
Don't you think they see it? But prefer to stick their heads in the sand?

I think it's a language barrier and they don't really believe what's being concluded by the users. I mean the OP clearly says his original charger still works. So the Chuwi suggestion has more implications that point to having heads in the clouds, and thinking they understand what's going on. Not necessarily intentionally sticking head in the sand in this particular situation. I think the number of users where the problematic situation with the charger occurs has not reached the threshold for Chuwi to become alarmed. I think.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-9-2017 03:12:17 | Show all posts
mgeorgescu1990 replied at 8-9-2017 12:04
Zen unfortunely I do not own any USB type C devices that I can connect , but as people previously  ...

Mr, just get a cheap OTG dongle and connect an USB flash drive to prevent risk to external drive and limit damages. This test is to confirm suspicions. And could cost as less as 15 dollars total or more if you want to perform it fast. OTG adapter and a mouse! All you need is the otg adapter. No need for the Hi13 to power a demanding device no risk frying a flash drive or something.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-9-2017 03:18:53 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 8-9-2017 12:21
mgeorgescu1990 replied at 8-9-2017 12:04

And also for Emily! Yes I own the original "charger". Currently using it! Tablet feels hot and dangerous when using it. With the previous Aukey charger, the tablet felt warmer at touch. I also sent an e-mail to the service center about this issue. This is really unacceptable!

I will get a notice, Emily's account won't, because you didn't reply to that account. If there is a response it will be because this thread simply got revisited not because you requested their attention explicitly by listing it for them using the forum system.

Edit: autocomplete recovery + quote focus.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list