ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Open]Aukey recommended charger stopped working

Follow Us

[Open]Aukey recommended charger stopped working

[Copy link]

mgeorgescu1990|Post time:Yesterday 06:14 View:388|Reply:32

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-11-2017 09:47:11 | Show all posts
mgeorgescu1990 replied at 8-11-2017 17:04
Updated the main post. I just tried an USB C OTG adapter. No luck.

Did you try connecting a mouse to the otg adapter? Because someone's flash stick didn't work while something else did.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mgeorgescu1990| Post time 8-11-2017 09:50:26 | Show all posts
Yep , I also tried a mouse.

Use magic Report

mgeorgescu1990| Post time 8-11-2017 09:59:08 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 8-11-2017 09:47
Did you try connecting a mouse to the otg adapter? Because someone's flash stick didn't work while ...

The mouse should light up normally.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-11-2017 10:09:50 | Show all posts
mgeorgescu1990 replied at 8-11-2017 18:59

This confirms that the suspected chip was damaged but died later. So time for warranty? Seller or Chuwi.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-11-2017 10:13:23 | Show all posts
mgeorgescu1990 replied at 8-11-2017 18:59

Although the first thing to do when you get the repaired or replaced the Hi13 is find out if they OTG specifically is supported by the Hi13. Because no one specifically confirmed it yet. Aukey OTG is confirmed. And good hope for yours since I used a generic one with MicroUSB and connected it with a passive adapter to TypeC and they got my USB2 flash stick seen by the Hi13.

Use magic Report

Pajero| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
This is getting worrying if the intelligent chargers are also causing the Type C Port to fail. If the Aukey charger worked flawlessly for 2 weeks then I suspect that neither the Aukey or the original chargers caused the damage.

My suspicion would be that one of the other devices that was connected to the C port in the 2 weeks is responsible. Can you recall what was connected during that period?

It also makes me very nervous connecting anything other than a charger to the C port. It just does not seem to be configured properly. Is that possibly why it has been installed deeper than normal to stop people attaching other devices to it. It appears to be completely unreliable other than for charging.
Anyone agree / disagree?

Paj

Use magic Report

mgeorgescu1990| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by mgeorgescu1990 at 8-15-2017 09:31

Listen , I wondered this forum since the day I ordered my Hi 13, the day that I had the tablet in my hands, I charged it with the original charger, then I bumped in the thread that said that the original charger is dangerous, so yea I bought the recommended charger. I have not connected ANY device to the port , only charging , nothing else. After two weeks as I said, the tablet suddenly stopped charging, I returned the charger to Amazon , EVEN the cable, and bought new ones. No luck, then I tried some USB C devices , using an OTG cable, nothing. So yea. I am still waiting for an answer, but no luck yet, I guess Chuwi is busy counting money.

Use magic Report

amichael| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
We'd need to hear from someone who got this issue without ever using the Keyu adapter, which sounds like a bit of a stretch. We know that's dangerous, and we know that half-burnt components can still work for a while, so that's the simplest explanation right now.

Use magic Report

mgeorgescu1990| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by mgeorgescu1990 at 8-15-2017 09:38
amichael replied at 8-15-2017 09:31
We'd need to hear from someone who got this issue without ever using the Keyu adapter, which sounds  ...

I was wondering, even If i get a replacement, I know that the tablet comes partially charged right? Well what charger are they using to do the initial charging of the tablet? I suppose that the original one! All tablets should be compromised by that logic. They should wake up and take a look on the forums!

Use magic Report

mgeorgescu1990| Post time Yesterday 06:14 | Show all posts
Updated main post : 4:11 PM - 18.8.2017 : 10 days since I contected Chuwi, sent 4 e-mails including video proof , link to this post and detailed issue, Not even a "thank you for contacting us" , I mean, I don't even know if they received my message, this is really frustrating, NEVER AGAIN

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list