ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 'Switch to Android' feature gone from desktop

Follow Us

'Switch to Android' feature gone from desktop

[Copy link]

fgaine|Post time:8-11-2017 00:42:42 View:176|Reply:10

I had to reflash Wndows on to my Hi10 Pro following the official instructions. That went flawlessly but the little taskbar shortcut to reboot to Android is no longer there. Anyone knows how to recover this?

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 8-9-2017 12:46:56 | Show all posts
If you used the official Chuwi images, the tool should be there.  There is no icon on your desktop or anything?  ANd just to be clear, did you use the official Chuwi Windows images?  I'm re-installed Windows many times, and the shortcut is always there.

Also, does Android still work if you boot into it via the main boot-up screen where you can select Windows or Android?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-9-2017 13:35:19 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 8-9-2017 22:38

That is the file. Decompress and put it on the desktop

SwitchNOW.rar

135.18 KB, Downloads: 16

Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

fgaine| Post time 8-9-2017 21:38:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
jtrosky replied at 8-9-2017 12:46
If you used the official Chuwi images, the tool should be there.  There is no icon on your desktop o ...

Yes it was an official image and no it is not there. Both Windows and Android work and start up fine...

Use magic Report

fgaine| Post time 8-9-2017 21:40:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 8-9-2017 13:35
That is the file. Decompress and put it on the desktop

Thanks a lot mate, I'll try that...

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 8-10-2017 06:36:10 | Show all posts
fgaine replied at 8-9-2017 21:38
Yes it was an official image and no it is not there. Both Windows and Android work and start up fi ...

Strange - I can't explain why the tool wasn't installed when you re-installed Windows.  Do you have a link to the exact image that you used?   My Hi10 Pros are both PQ serial numbers - maybe this issue is with the HQ serial number images?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-10-2017 06:49:03 | Show all posts
Hi jtrosky,
Obviously, Windows was reset. At the same time, the desktop has been cleaned. The user should be aware that the application is in the folder
C:\Recovery\OEM

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 8-10-2017 17:37:41 | Show all posts
It's just strange, because when I reinstall Windows from scratch on my Chuwi devices, the application already has a shortcut on the desktop - I don't have to "manually" add it back to the desktop from that \Recovery\OEM folder or anything.  Just trying to understand why he is getting different results than I did...

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-10-2017 21:29:08 | Show all posts
jtrosky replied at 8-11-2017 04:37
It's just strange, because when I reinstall Windows from scratch on my Chuwi devices, the applicatio ...

To install isn't to reset.

Use magic Report

fgaine| Post time 8-11-2017 00:42:42 | Show all posts
jtrosky replied at 8-10-2017 06:36
Strange - I can't explain why the tool wasn't installed when you re-installed Windows.  Do you hav ...

I used the official image you will find on this website for the latest HQ models.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list