ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 12.3 Chuwi lapbook 12.3 doesn't recognise M.2 SSD

Follow Us

Chuwi lapbook 12.3 doesn't recognise M.2 SSD

[Copy link]

el.mo|Post time:17 hour(s) ago View:149|Reply:9

Hi Chuwi,
I've got my Chuwi 12.3 and I love it, everything works great except M.2 SSD. I put my M.2 SSD 2242 128GB in expansion slot, start the bios and I saw no SSD was recognized. just toshiba 64G... .
I updated my bios to the last one here from the website, it went all good without any problem but still no SSD.
When I log into windows, I see a new HD which it should format, but if I say format as MBR then the SSD is just 1GB!!!
And when I say format it as GPL, then my SSD is 2000GB!!!! and I can't format it. is there any new bios version??

P.S. I tested Ubuntu live 16.04.3 and it works damn great without issues.! (and still no SSD in linux)

Thank you very much.
Mo

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-9-2017 22:39:18 | Show all posts
hello, el.mo please check this review https://www.windowscentral.com/chuwi-lapbook-12-review
it mentioned M.2 SSD, if it did not solve your problem, could you please take some pictures about the problem? have a good day
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Gajack| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
same thread on 15.6 sub-forum
Chuwi Moderator,

PM me if you have any questions ;)

Use magic Report

el.mo| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Gajack replied at 8-10-2017 13:41
same thread on 15.6 sub-forum

yes that was a misplacing.

Use magic Report

el.mo| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
emily replied at 8-9-2017 22:39
hello, el.mo please check this review https://www.windowscentral.com/chuwi-lapbook-12-review
it men ...

Hi emily,

unfortunately your link didn't help. it just was a preview and my problem didn't solve.
I posted some pictures. My SSD didn't recognize.
IMG_7575.JPG IMG_7571.JPG IMG_7574.JPG IMG_7573.JPG IMG_7572.JPG

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by szucsi at 8-16-2017 13:39

"....The criticisms must be constructive so that they can be used to avoid situations of risk or to the engineers to correct errors. ..."
I have written many times about After Sales for a number of mistakes. Never an engineer did not appreciate the answer. I have written many times about After Sales for a number of mistakes. Never an engineer did not appreciate the answer. And others. So, I think this will not boot from external SSD. You must ask Bios for an upgrade from the Engineer.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 8-13-2017 12:22
szucsi replied at 8-13-2017 11:43
I have 3 acquaintances, each of them bought a 12.3 inch lapbook. The LCD display has been broken in  ...

If you do not give more details will not do anything. The criticisms must be constructive so that they can be used to avoid situations of risk or to the engineers to correct errors. The screens have been broken by the use, by being poorly constructed or by having parachuted. More details please

P.S. I have three friends who bought a last model of car and after three weeks they were broken. They were hit in a traffic jam. Do not buy it
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
el.mo replied at 8-12-2017 11:39
Hi emily,

unfortunately your link didn't help. it just was a preview and my problem didn't solve. ...

hello, did you M.2 SSD can be used in other devices?

Use magic Report

el.mo| Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
hi, yes it works with other devices.
I think it needs a new bios from Chuwi. I have the last bios from here but....

Use magic Report

el.mo| Post time 17 hour(s) ago | Show all posts
any suggestion? Why no one from Chuwi says somthing or a suggestion ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list