Best Charging Position? - General Discussion - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum General Discussion General Discussion Best Charging Position?

Follow Us

Best Charging Position?

[Copy link]

ChuwiLover|Post time:8-10-2017 10:25:54 View:317|Reply:21

Hey guys, as a practical engineer and a many tablets owner!
I've a question and I'm looking for an answer from an expert!

I just bought a chuwi hi10 pro with the keyboard, and I'm not sure about the best position to leave it in charge...
Is it good to leave it "like a laptop" closed? Because the screen is down.. which I'm sure is not good for the tablet!
Each of my tablets and iPads I only charge on their back, not front so I'm sure it's bad for the screen etc...
and I won't pull my keyboard out every night!
Hope for a good answer, thanks guys❤️☝

Use magic Report

ChuwiLover| Post time 8-10-2017 03:43:39 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hey! Thanks for your opinion! Yea I'd like to know it for sure from a chuwi's employee!
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-9-2017 22:26:09 | Show all posts
hello, i think it is better to charge the tablet only, not  "like a laptop"
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ChuwiLover| Post time 8-10-2017 00:13:29 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thank you!

Use magic Report

ChuwiLover| Post time 8-10-2017 00:31:38 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Waiting for more answers please.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-10-2017 02:07:59 | Show all posts
emily replied at 8-10-2017 07:26
hello, i think it is better to charge the tablet only, not  "like a laptop"

I don't want to raise the bar unnecessarily high, but Chuwi should not "think something", you have to know for sure, because it's your devices.

Why would a tablet being charged facing down bad? If the internal components are not resting on the screen, then what's the difference in the internal space? Wouldn't heat dissipate from the bare back of Chuwi device literal surface the best anyway? What does gravity do in that position that is bad for screen while charging? It's not a guessing game please.

I'm not that well informed compared to others, but my questions and demand sounds very reasonable to me.

Fwiw, I charge it in portrayed mode with the back leaning against something like in my folded legs, or while on a tablet stand in portrait mode. With the essentials recommended aukey charger and cable.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ChuwiLover| Post time 8-10-2017 02:33:42 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yea I had the same feeling as you. And indeed I have a feeling it is bad for the screen to be front down (screen components) ! Almost sure of that (know it for sure on other brands, because I've opened and fixed some. *Of course by long term*) Waiting for a sure answer!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-10-2017 02:36:42 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 8-10-2017 11:07
I don't want to raise the bar unnecessarily high, but Chuwi should not "think something", you have ...

I totally agree. The position should not influence the charging process of the battery at all. Similarly, neither is the keyboard connected to the tablet or not. If there is any argument to the contrary, I would like to know it.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

ChuwiLover| Post time 8-10-2017 05:41:18 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 8-10-2017 02:36
I totally agree. The position should not influence the charging process of the battery at all. Sim ...

Hey! I meant, If charging in the position which "the front down" can make the screen or certain things inside the tablet loose. because our phones/tablet meant to be charge on their back (certain new built products has a glued screen....)
please answer.

Much appreciation.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-10-2017 10:25:54 | Show all posts
ChuwiLover replied at 8-10-2017 14:41
Hey! I meant, If charging in the position which "the front down" can make the screen or certain th ...

It seems you know something we don't though, and hope you're wrong in the case of Chuwi, because you don't want to do something unnecessarily.

What happened that you fixed on older products of other brands? Was it a laplet as well? What happened inside? And what was the symptom that got you to open and have to fix it?

You mean the glue gets stressed by the pull of gravity on the screen and something connected to it gets loose while charging? Or with the combination of more heat because of charging?

There is an internal reveal vid by TechTablets guy that could give clues.

Using the recommended aukey charger doesn't heat up the device.

Overusing the device with heavy workloads seems in other's cases to over heat the device. Wouldn't that be the same effect on the glue?
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list