Chuwi Hi10 Pro "Power Surge" - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Chuwi Hi10 Pro "Power Surge"

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi10 Pro "Power Surge"

[Copy link]

Hadriel|Post time:8-12-2017 13:33:36 View:238|Reply:3

Hi all. Not too long ago I had my Hi10 Pro plugged when all of the sudden Windows began showing a notification that there was a power surge. I immediately turned off my device but it already smelled like something had burned. I opened up my device to find that one of the pmosfet semiconductors had blown. I've been very unsuccessful at finding another chip to replace this so I can use my device again and was hoping to get some help here.

Please see the picture below for the blown chip. I believe the chip above it is the same exact kind.

Thanks!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-12-2017 09:38:52 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 8-12-2017 18:40

Write an email to service@chuwi.com sent this photo. They will be able to help you although from what is seen in the photo it seems that there are more components burned.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 8-12-2017 09:58:30 | Show all posts
Personally, for what these tablets cost, I think I'd just buy a new one and keep that one around for parts - you may have more issues than just that one chip.

Use magic Report

Hadriel| Post time 8-12-2017 13:33:36 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 8-12-2017 12:38
Write an email to  sent this photo. They will be able to help you although from what is seen in the  ...

Thanks for the reply. I've sent them an email and I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've gone over the board several times but that's the only component that has been affected. I haven't even had it for a year yet and I'd love to get some more use out of it if possible.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list