ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Chuwi Labook 14.1 Power Issue

Follow Us

Chuwi Labook 14.1 Power Issue

[Copy link]

Jephtath|Post time:8-14-2017 22:07:14 View:85|Reply:3

I bought my Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 three days ago. On the first day, everything ran well, browsing and watching videos was great.
However on the second day, i was unable to turn on the lapbook. When the power cable was plugged in for charging. the red
charging indicator light did not light up. Despite holding down the power key, i was still unable to get it to power on. The next day,
I was able to power it on and when i plugged in the charging cable, the light showed purple instead of red (not blue, but purple).
After running for around 10 minutes, it switched off by itself and would not power on anymore. I had to wait for a very long time
(many hours) before it would power on again, only to face the same issue. Now it won't even power on. Plugging in the charging cable
does not charge the lapbook and the indicator light doesn't light up anymore. PLEASE HELP!!! I've tried to reach out to the seller but
he is very unresponsive, espacially when i brought up the problem of paying for shipping fees for a replacement.

I desperately need help as i absolutely love this lapbook. Can someone give me directions?

Jephtath Chia
jephtath@gmail.com

Use magic Report

TFMeouch| Post time 8-13-2017 17:27:24 | Show all posts
Do you know which version of the lapbook you have? Currently, there seems to be 3 variants, so the internals are a bit different for each variant.

From your description, it seems like a case of bad batteries or charging circuit. If that's the case, your only hope is to ask for a replacement. Which seller did you get from?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-13-2017 19:51:36 | Show all posts
hello, If your tablet can't turn on, please try to following methods:

1. Tablet without power (less than 1% of the electricity)
If you press the power button, you can plug in the adapter charging for half an hour to 1 hour then trying to boot to see whether there is improvement;

2. Adapter or data line is bad
In other equipment (such as mobile phones, equivalent current and voltage plate) to test whether the normal charge, if not normal, please replace the adapter, charging line.

3. False crash status
Plug in the adapter to  charge the tablet , charging time is about 1 hour ,then long press the power button for 15 seconds to reset, after 5 to 10 seconds to restart the tablet.

4. the press button is broken
The power button is broken, no touch, leading to the power button can't normal  be used, need to assemble the machine shell key or FPC ribbon cable again.

5. USB Charging Defective
You can check USB interface whether it is abnormal, such as damaged, pinhole offset, plug the USB cable charging and feel loose, you can be sure that  the USB interface is bad, resulting in plug-in adapter is not charging,  it need to replace USB interface;

6. the battery is bad
Plug in the adapter after the charge indicator has a flash, boot prompts 100% power, the adapter pulled out  it immediately shutdown, this phenomenon is a bad battery problem,  you can replace the battery;

7. the display is bad
Turn on the tablet, the back of tablet appear light display, forced long press the power button for 15 seconds can also appear a normal backlight prompts to turn off, the tablet this phenomenon is in consequence of bad display, you can replace the display;

8. the display FPC cable  is bad
The customer accidentally thrown  the tablet in the cause of using it, or the battery loose lead to the display FPC cable fall off,  resulting in the machine does not boot, need to disassemble the flat battery power and re-insert the FPC cable, or bad cable need to replace the cable.

9. BIOS drop out
Need to disassemble the machine with a jig on the computer to brush BIOS, it can not directly use U disk to operate;

10. bad motherboard
The motherboard is bad, and the hardware needs to repair

If it can't still solve your problem, please contact your seller and return it for repair, or email to service@chuwi.com.

Use magic Report

Jephtath| Post time 8-14-2017 22:07:14 | Show all posts
Right now the laptop cannot be turned on anymore at all. Even with the charger being plugged in, no indicator light shows.

Does anyone have any experience with service@chuwi.com? Usually when the product is under warranty do they bear the shipping cost?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list