ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 15.6 unable to boot from usb pendrive - problem with bios ...

Follow Us

unable to boot from usb pendrive - problem with bios in lapbook 15.6

[Copy link]

ram|Post time:8-14-2017 01:41:37 View:148|Reply:19

unable to boot from usb pendrive - problem with bios in lapbook 15.6

I recently purchased chuwi lapbook 15.6, ever since I am trying to instaall Ubuntu or puppy or some kind of linux on it. The lapbook doesn't come with a cd / dvd drive so the only option for me is to install a linux via a usb pen drive, I tried to put the linux .iso into my usb pendrive using unetbootin software to make my usb pendrive linux bootable. I later tried to change the boot priorities in bios and tried to boot from the usb pendrive but it's just not booting, the usb pendrive doesn't seem to be showing up in the boot priorities menu in the bios. please help in suggesting a solution

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-13-2017 23:17:29 | Show all posts

bios screenshot

Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-13-2017 09:55:42 | Show all posts
The format of the pen must be Fat32 or NTFS so that it can be recognized.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-13-2017 19:48:42 | Show all posts
the 15.6 laptop can not support Ubuntu , the 14.1 and the 12.3 laptop can support the Ubuntu , here is some threads, please check it
http://www.cnx-software.com/2017 ... apollo-lake-laptop/
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3571-1-1.html
have a good day

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-13-2017 21:17:35 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 8-13-2017 09:55
The format of the pen must be Fat32 or NTFS so that it can be recognized.

The pen drive was formatted as FAT32. Even then the problem exists

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-13-2017 21:20:34 | Show all posts
emily replied at 8-13-2017 19:48
the 15.6 laptop can not support Ubuntu , the 14.1 and the 12.3 laptop can support the Ubuntu , here  ...

The problem is not about Ubuntu or any other Linux.
The problem is that the lapbook is not booting any Operating System from USB Pendrive. I tried making my pendrive a windows 10 bootable also but it didn't boot windows 10.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-13-2017 21:34:12 | Show all posts
ram replied at 8-14-2017 06:20
The problem is not about Ubuntu or any other Linux.
The problem is that the lapbook is not booting  ...

Please explain

Your first post is about your not abel to install Ubuntu, Puppy or some kind of Linux

Now its not about Linux, huh ?
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-13-2017 22:52:51 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 8-13-2017 21:34
Please explain

Your first post is about your not abel to install Ubuntu, Puppy or some kind of Lin ...

my question is simple
currently my chuwi lapbok is running windows 10 with with it came, i want to install a linux on it by erasing windows completelyp
i made a puppy and fatdog linux bootable pendrive using unetbootin / rufus, after making it, now when i try to boot up with my pendrive, it's not booting linux from the pendrive, it's only booting up to windows 10 (which is in the harddisaptio sk), i tried setting boot priorities and diabled fast boot option in my aptio setup uility (bios), even then it didn't help, i can see uefi: sandisk Partition 1 (which is my usb pendrive) in the boot priority option, but it's just not booting linux in the pendrive, so i am unable to install linux on my lapbook

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-13-2017 23:44:57 | Show all posts
Please press power button, at the same time, click "F7" continuously to enter boot device.
Choose The USB
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-14-2017 01:41:37 | Show all posts
Edited by ram at 8-14-2017 02:01
manonegra222 replied at 8-13-2017 23:44
Please press power button, at the same time, click "F7" continuously to enter boot device.
Choose Th ...

I tried F7 option and chose my usb pendrive, it did not solve the problem. No matter what i chose (pendrive or not), it's only booting windows 10 from hard disk. there is no problem with my pendrive, i tried testing my bootable pendrive on other laptops it's working perfectly fine (meaning booting linux os from pendrive on other laptops). only on this chewi lapbook 15.6 my bootable pendrive is just not working, what is the solution?

I am using 8 gb cruzer blade from sandisk, I tried 4gb cruzer blade from sandisk also.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list