unable to boot from usb pendrive - problem with bios in lapbook 15.6 - page 2 - Chuwi Lapbook 15.6 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 15.6 unable to boot from usb pendrive - problem with bios ...

Follow Us

unable to boot from usb pendrive - problem with bios in lapbook 15.6

[Copy link]

ram|Post time:8-21-2017 07:31:38 View:581|Reply:19

Hackerjac| Post time 8-14-2017 10:36:41 | Show all posts
ram replied at 8-14-2017 06:20
The problem is not about Ubuntu or any other Linux.
The problem is that the lapbook is not booting  ...

First of all, as far i know about the Z83xx based devices, you need to name the USB boot drive WINPE, to get it booting from USB

Second, if you are using rufus, you need to make a boot able USB for UEFI, Legacy boot is not supportet on theese devices

Third, i don't think its possible to boot any Linux distro at all on the LapBook 15.6 at all
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-14-2017 11:10:41 | Show all posts
ram replied at 8-14-2017 10:41
I tried F7 option and chose my usb pendrive, it did not solve the problem. No matter what i chose ( ...

It is clear that the computer does not recognize the pendrive. I do not know Linux but when this happens in Windows it is because the Pen is not compatible or because the properties are not recognized to recognize it: format, name assigned to Pen, Windows WINPE, or incorrect boot files. If you say it is recognized on other computers I format it to Pen from the tablet itself and then paste the files for the boot on Linux.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-15-2017 03:28:37 | Show all posts
ram replied at 8-14-2017 01:41
I tried F7 option and chose my usb pendrive, it did not solve the problem. No matter what i chose ( ...

Is there a solution for this problem?

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-15-2017 22:24:55 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 8-14-2017 11:10
It is clear that the computer does not recognize the pendrive. I do not know Linux but when this h ...

Is there any brand / make / model of pendrive that is recognized in chuwi lapbook 15.6?

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-15-2017 22:27:17 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 8-14-2017 10:36
First of all, as far i know about the Z83xx based devices, you need to name the USB boot drive WINP ...

Okay, please tell me what is the procedure to make a windows bootable pendrive.
I already made a windows bootable pendrive (don't know if I followed correct method or not), but when I used it in other computer it was working and booting from other computer but not in chuwi lapbook 15.6

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-15-2017 22:30:27 | Show all posts
My chuwi lapbook 15.6 came to me with a pre-installed windows 10, definitely the manufacturer or the vendor had used some or the other method to install windows, I want to know what are the other methods of installing the operating system? defuinitely there is no internal cd/ dvd rom so if I use a usb pluggable external cd/dvd rom drive then my assumption is that I will get the same non-booting problem that I am encountering currently with my usb pendrive

what are the other proven methods of installing an operating system on chuwi lapbook 15.6
what the manufacturer used to install windows 10 ?

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-16-2017 01:00:54 | Show all posts
Problem is only with Linux. My pendrives are becoming windows bootable and they are booting up windows setup utility without any issue.
Conclusion as of now is that the Linux bootable usb is just not working with chuwi lapbook 15.6. I tried ubuntu, puppy, fatdog, manjaro etc. None of these are working. Is there any compatible linux distro for chuwi lapbook which I can install. I hate windows, I purchased this laptop as it's cheap and i thought i will later install linux on it.

Use magic Report

Linal| Post time 8-19-2017 23:23:45 | Show all posts
Hi,

a external USB DVD drive boots Manjaro Linux 17.02. Slow but correct set up a booting Linux on the internal SSD.

Use magic Report

fishears| Post time 8-20-2017 06:11:20 | Show all posts
not that it helps you much but I've booted ubuntu 17.10 live image from usb on my 15.6 without any issues - i used the F7 method and selected the appropriate uefi for the usb. . I created my live usb using Startup Disk Creator but I've also used Etcher and UNetbootin successfully.

If you do get your usb to boot I can recommend a tool called isorespin which you can use to make your ubuntu iso compatible with the apollo lake chipset.

Use magic Report

nightflier| Post time 8-21-2017 07:31:38 | Show all posts
I can boot my CHUWI 15.6 from a USB stick using both the Pwr-F7 shortcut, as well as using the "Advanced startup options" from within Windows 10.

With SolusOS 3, with Linux kernel 4.12.7,  looks like everything works except a battery monitor.

I simply used the "cp" command to write the ISO file to the USB stick. Beware if you get this wrong you may wipe out your hard drive.

After running Linux, I find I need to shut down the computer and let it sit a while before starting Windows 10. If I just reboot, Windows does not recognize the wifi adapter.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list