ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 12.3 Has anyone managed to run linux smoothly?

Follow Us

Has anyone managed to run linux smoothly?

[Copy link]

Fastoo|Post time:8-31-2017 10:47:38 View:214|Reply:4

I have tried several distros now and they seem to be running much choppier and slower compared to windows. Is anyone else facing the same issue? If not, what distro are you using?

Use magic Report

zickzack| Post time 8-25-2017 05:09:20 | Show all posts
Yes, I have installed Ubuntu Gnome 16.04, Dual Boot, runs straight out of the Box. Not the fastes Computer, but for paper works etc works fine.

Touchpad is annoying, in Linux you can at least put it out, in windows its more complicated.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Meowfei| Post time 8-27-2017 20:19:30 | Show all posts
How did you write the image onto the USB drive? I tried write the image using Rufus on Windows with GPT + UEFI support and it won't even boot into the stick. Does the BIOS only support MBR?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-27-2017 22:21:02 | Show all posts
Meowfei replied at 8-28-2017 05:19
How did you write the image onto the USB drive? I tried write the image using Rufus on Windows with  ...

Try using ultraISO
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Fastoo| Post time 8-31-2017 10:47:38 | Show all posts
Meowfei replied at 8-27-2017 20:19
How did you write the image onto the USB drive? I tried write the image using Rufus on Windows with  ...

I use rufus as well and it works fine. I noticed that in order to boot arch based distros or solus you need to write the usb in DD mode. ISO mode for everything else.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list