sd storage class controller Error code 10 - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 sd storage class controller Error code 10

Follow Us

sd storage class controller Error code 10

[Copy link]

Carnauser|Post time:9-11-2017 19:45:54 View:1144|Reply:11

1. sd storage class controller Error code 10

2. The I/O device reported an  I/O error
Copy the Code
I've an Hi 10 pro.
3 days ago I've mounted an sd card ( Samsung 64gb) and I've successfully used it with both windows and android.
I've moved successfully documents and program on this card.

But now I can't read the card.
This is the error.

The card is working fine on other machine and my hi10pro is no more able to read card anymore...
It detects card, but cannot read it both on linux and android....

I've tryed to change, update the driver but nothing appened.
The problem is still there.

I believe the problem is in the controller and I'm afraid to admit that it is an hardware problem...

What I have to do ?
It has only 20 days!!!!

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-22-2017 11:28:00 | Show all posts
Hello Carnauser,
Try do everything you can and eventually calm down and put up with the fact that the cardreader of your tablet has died.
You can read this thread to try an old Win8.1 drivers for the SD Host Controller.
Unfortunately, this is a common SD Card problem. There is no guaranteed solution to this problem yet.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Carnauser| Post time 8-22-2017 12:09:01 | Show all posts
The problem is that those driver are not for h10pro... not for mine infact i cannot install the drivers...
I need my sdcard reader working, and my h10pro has 20 days...

so I have to rapair it or they have to give me money back, or a new one, or repair it, according to european laws.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-22-2017 12:33:10 | Show all posts
As well he says motobot is a problem, not attributable to Chuwi, which is given in other brands and is related to computers with Atom processor and BIOS of American Megadrens. There is no proven effective solution. In the group of users of Chuwi in Spanish in Telegram, to which I belong, we have tried several preventive solutions aimed at avoiding that the error occurs. Once the error is present, the only solution found is to remove the card for a few days and after these boot the tablet having connected a USB stick. This usually reactivates the SD reader. Once achieved, it is recommended to partition the SD leaving a partition of less than 32 Gb for Android in Fat32 and the rest in a format not recognizable by Android for Windows. All this is in evidence, but it is working.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Carnauser| Post time 8-22-2017 12:38:36 | Show all posts
I'll try thanks....
The problem is that I bought this tablet to use it in a "trip" of one month.
I need The sd card or an external working storage.

Do you suggest to buy a small usb stick and connect it in the keyboard usb port instead ? is it safer ?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-22-2017 12:57:47 | Show all posts
Carnauser replied at 8-22-2017 21:38
I'll try thanks....
The problem is that I bought this tablet to use it in a "trip" of one month.
I n ...

It will work without problems with a USB stick. SD cards that have had the least problems, if any, have been Sandisk ultra (red and gray) or black with red letters. I have them in my Hi10 Pro and they work without problems
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Carnauser| Post time 8-22-2017 13:21:53 | Show all posts
But, help me to understand better the problem.
Is it a mere "software problem" ?

So changing in some way a driver could solve the problem ?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-22-2017 15:05:12 | Show all posts
Carnauser replied at 8-23-2017 00:21

I use this USB3.0 Micro SD Card Reader Click

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-22-2017 15:33:55 | Show all posts
Carnauser replied at 8-22-2017 22:21

I do not understand it as a software problem, rather, as a denial of service by Windows upon receiving an unexpected response from the device. We have tried different drivers and only managed to recover in this way with very poor results in transfer speed and writing.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

raymonho19| Post time 9-11-2017 19:45:54 | Show all posts
Hello, Carnauser,
I have the same problem, but one thing I'm lucky, it works on Android side, originally, when I have the Hi10pro everything is working fine. just couple months later,
problem raised, rotation on windows side not working, microSD not working, so far I still can't solve the problem, I'm using PNY 128Gb Elite microSD card.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list