Do you want to get electric shock from HI13 KEYU charger? Try this! - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Do you want to get electric shock from HI13 KEYU cha ...

Follow Us

Do you want to get electric shock from HI13 KEYU charger? Try this!

[Copy link]

guggaburggi|Post time:8-27-2017 12:48:11 View:260|Reply:4

Edited by guggaburggi at 8-26-2017 10:36

I just discovered a major flaw in the chuwi hi13 charger. I believe it's just a design flaw because my charger is currently working just fine. When the charger is disconnected from the wall socket, it maintains the electricity inside the charger that can be discharged through the prongs. If your finger happens to be in contact with both of the prongs when the charger still has energy in it, then it is quite painful. I have posted a video on this on youtube. I encourage everyone to try this just to see if it is really a design flaw or if only my unit is suffering from it.

Normally there should be some kind of resistor to discharge the energy from ac capacitors when disconnected to prevent this from happening. I havent opened my unit yet, so I can't speculate what is actually going on inside the charger.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ySRZHT4ORA

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-26-2017 13:40:31 | Show all posts
I have not been surprised by the YouTube video because I have a Dell laptop for years whose charger does exactly the same. I do not think it will have any impact on the operation of the same, but if you do not think so, send an email with the information requested in the thread open on this subject in the subforum of the Hi13
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

guggaburggi| Post time 8-26-2017 14:48:49 | Show all posts
Already sent chuwi support a mail about the charger maybe about a week ago. Haven't got an answer yet. Your Dell charger might do the same but it does not mean that it's okay. No electrical device should give you an electric shock under normal working condition, especially from the AC side. Would it be a bigger charger, the shock would have been much more painful.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-26-2017 20:54:46 | Show all posts
guggaburggi replied at 8-26-2017 23:48
Already sent chuwi support a mail about the charger maybe about a week ago. Haven't got an answer ye ...

At no point did I say that it was okay, just that it did not surprise me. I think the same, there should be no electric shock
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 8-27-2017 12:48:11 | Show all posts
Haven't tried, but my guess is it's a design flaw... The whole charger is SHIT
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list