Hi10 Dualboot Randomly Turns Off in Windows/ Linux - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Hi10 Dualboot Randomly Turns Off in Windows/ Linux

Follow Us

Hi10 Dualboot Randomly Turns Off in Windows/ Linux

[Copy link]

praveenk|Post time:9-4-2017 10:22:52 View:198|Reply:3

Edited by praveenk at 9-4-2017 10:24

Hello everyone,
I’ve had my Chuwi Hi10 for about a year and it now has this really annoying issue where it randomly shuts down after the battery has gone below 60-70%. This issue does not exist on Android but it does in Windows if it isn’t plugged in.
I’ve tried a few solutions (with no success) such as :
Wiping the system and disabling automatic driver updates during setup.
Adding the Passive cooling setting through the registry.
Updating the BIOS (which may have caused it in the first place see below).
Attempting to recalibrate the battery by draining it and charging it for around 20 hours
My Chuwi Hi10 Dualboot Product ID is Q64G42160800053
The issue does not exist when charging the tablet.
It can’t be a hardware issue as the issue doesn’t exist in Android. It also can’t be a Windows issue as the issue also exists in Linux Mint.
However, I do think I may have updated the bios to E4D6_C106_H.233 x64 but I am not sure if the tablet also shipped with this version. Obviously, I can’t downgrade the BIOS by USB. So unless there is any other solution, would I be better off reprogramming the bios with a Raspberry Pi?

DO NOT BACKFLASH/ DOWNGRADE YOUR BIOS!!!!!!

IT WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET. I'VE SPENT THE ENTIRE DAY FLASHING THE BIOS MANUALLY WITH A RASPBERRY PI THROUGH SPI AND IT WAS A PAIN TRYING TO GET THE WIRES TO CONNECT WITH THE PROPER HARDWARE.

Many thanks,
Praveen

Use magic Report

paulcr88| Post time 9-2-2017 22:03:13 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
That's weird.... Hope you repair it. One question ! How was your experience using Linux mint in the tablet???
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

paulcr88| Post time 9-2-2017 22:05:59 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Its because mine has an issue. Sometimes when using word or excel it starts to shut down the screen and it last about three seconds to come back again. So I think that it is lagging. How could I fix it?

Use magic Report

praveenk| Post time 9-4-2017 10:22:52 | Show all posts
DO NOT BACKFLASH/ DOWNGRADE YOUR BIOS!!!!!!

IT WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET. I'VE SPENT THE ENTIRE DAY FLASHING THE BIOS MANUALLY WITH A RASPBERRY PI THROUGH SPI AND IT WAS A PAIN TRYING TO GET THE WIRES TO CONNECT WITH THE PROPER HARDWARE.

I've also cracked my screen. So could Chuwi please send me one, perhaps as part of their warranty?

Thank you so much!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list