ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Chuwi responds to the recent Hi 13 charger's heat is ...

Follow Us

Chuwi responds to the recent Hi 13 charger's heat issue

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:9-25-2017 07:08:46 View:1036|Reply:11

Edited by emily at 9-12-2017 02:15

CHUWI is on a mission to produce high quality products and we value our global customers very much. In response to recently reported cases of the Hi13 charger’s heat issue , we conducted a thorough investigation and found that it is the charger problem only limited to partial units out of a specific batch.

For customers who purchased Hi13 and experienced such a heat issue, please contact us during 12th September to 27th September 2017,  we will voluntarily replace their current Hi13 charger with a new one over the coming weeks.

We acknowledge the inconvenience this may cause and we are deeply sorry for the trouble. We will ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible.

Please email jeff@chuwi.com to get a replacement, also please note that the overall expense on this replacement action is free of charge.

Use magic Report

Gajack| Post time 9-12-2017 02:45:52 | Show all posts
Very Nice
Chuwi Moderator,

PM me if you have any questions ;)

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 9-12-2017 02:59:01 | Show all posts
Well said Gajack, can only agree woth you
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 9-12-2017 06:52:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
a great news

Use magic Report

MrMkayMan| Post time 9-12-2017 07:21:27 | Show all posts
Great that you take some action, but there are still some questions left unanswered:

1. Exactly which issues are solved with this action? The standard 12V output of the original charger or some other heat issue of the charger?

2. Is the new charger USB PD compliant, so is it negotiating on which charging voltage to use?

3. What about people who fried their USB-C port already? What actions should those people take?

4. What about people who already bought a replacement Aukey charger like me from Amazon.de?
I had to buy it, becasue else the original charger would fry the Hi13. Can we get a refund for the charger?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 9-12-2017 10:13:28 | Show all posts
Great news Chuwi, Finally some good news

1. Exactly which issues are solved with this action? The standard 12V output of the original charger or some other heat issue of the charger?

2. Is the new charger USB PD compliant, so is it negotiating on which charging voltage to use?

3. What about people who fried their USB-C port already? What actions should those people take?

4. What about people who already bought a replacement Aukey charger like me from Amazon.de?
I had to buy it, becasue else the original charger would fry the Hi13. Can we get a refund for the charger?

1. The issue resolved is the charger that gets replaced, nothing less, nothing more.
2. The replacement charger will probably be the same as the surbook charger
3. Those people can send their tablet to the repair center but will need to pay the shipping to it but the shipment back to customer is paid by chuwi. However, if you dont really have issues with the port not accepting data anymore dont send it... There is a chance you lose it.
4. In no way are they going to refund your charger, it was your decision to buy it just to be safe of breaking your device, not theirs. However, I rather use that compact aukey than a power brick, and so do most people I reckon.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 9-21-2017 08:40:16 | Show all posts
Oh Great, thanks chuwi

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 9-22-2017 02:46:50 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Here it is:

Doesnt seem to be usb PD though...
20170922_124402.jpg
20170922_124414.jpg

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 9-25-2017 06:01:55 | Show all posts
Great, I received my new charger from Chuwi and I can confirm this is the same charger as that of Surbook.
Thanks a lot, Chuwi, great speed.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 9-25-2017 07:08:46 | Show all posts
Nice one, Chuwi. Onwards. (y)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list