ChuwiHI13 and the Keyu battery charger - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 ChuwiHI13 and the Keyu battery charger

Follow Us

ChuwiHI13 and the Keyu battery charger

[Copy link]

szucsi|Post time:10-4-2017 14:31:33 View:1307|Reply:69

Edited by szucsi at 9-16-2017 15:41

Reply to everyone.
WARNING!!!
Practically, the outer cover is attached to the connector, with a bad quality glue. This is, if it is a little stretched sideways, and at that moment the contacts are moving. At this point, the 12 volt passes through the data legs, where it should not get any voltage from outside.
The Etrone USB pd chip was burnt out, just like you saw in the picture. From then on, the machine will become hot and the battery will drain over the z usb-c connector. The machine continues to work, but the usb-c output no longer transmits data and is very hot. But even other can shatter the motherboard, just as you rotate the outer part connector.
So the Keyu Charger is not the cause of the Hi13 failure, but the new, bad USB.C connector. I ask everyone to check if the outer metal part of the connector is moving, it is forbidden to use it.
Source link: Attila Chuwi brand workshop Hungary. http://itwshungary.hu
http://itwshungary.hu/chuwi-hi13-es-a-keyu-tolto/

Use magic Report

amichael| Post time 9-20-2017 09:23:37 | Show all posts
Well, my connector end is slightly bent, so I suppose that's why it happened to me.
I charged an external battery with it. I guess it didn't destroy the battery because there were no data pins to cross, and so it just accepted the charge.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 9-25-2017 14:52:01 | Show all posts
Edited by szucsi at 9-25-2017 14:53

Hi, Michael, An external battery charger may not be as dangerous as the pins in the charger connector (a powerbank or internal battery) its do not have data pins. In Hi13, also the battery is not lost, but the USb PD controller chip. Think about it. The USb connector has 0.1 millimeters between the contact legs. If the connector exterior is loose, the contacts are displaced so the 12 volt voltage drives the data legs. This is very dangerous, I can say it is also flammable. Because Keyu does not communicate, it just loads. In addition, the EJ898A Chip is transformed into a volcano. It converts the charging current into heat, so the battery charger works full capacity at all times. Of course, I have a Hi13 motherboard in the repair shop, on which not only the USB Pd controller burned out, but other Ics were also burnt out. In this case, fire may occur at any time. I also shared a photo of the lazy Kesyu usb-c connector. It's a two-month tablet PC charger. Link: http://itwshungary.hu/hi13-tulajdonosok-figyelem/

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 9-29-2017 13:21:36 | Show all posts
Since I discovered the charger topic it drives me crazy. New Hi13 charged already a couple of times with the original brick. Seems to work.

The explanation with a misaligned plug sounds most likely compared to other explanations I've found here...

My plug seems to fit perfectly. A bit peace of mind back so far. But I'm warned an will critically observe the plug now.

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 10-2-2017 22:08:49 | Show all posts
Edited by szucsi at 10-2-2017 22:10

Yes, many people dealt with it. I got a lot of help, but it was shocking to burn a motherboard in front of my eyes. At this point I noticed that the usb-c connector was laterally displaced. Then I examined the motherboard. And it was visible that it was the same problem as the other Hi13 motherboards damaged. The The solution is usually simpler, many people think. Because the tablet has an SB PD controller chip installed. This only makes sense and is safe only when the charger can communicate with it. In other cases, it is highly flammable to connect 12Volt to the USB-C socket.
Etrontech EJ898a usb pd controller chip was burned out. The following errors may occur: The tablet still works but is very hot. The battery quickly drains and is almost impossible to charge. Data transfer does not work.
Unfortunately, this is only a matter of time when the usb-c connector is disconnected. During charging, it usually warms up, causing the outer metal casing to loosen after a while. For this reason, the contacts are easily moved away from the outside during charging. In such cases a shortcut may occur. Therefore, you must always be very careful. This Keyu charger does not detect the resulting short-circuit. That's why he continues to spend. The safest one is to buy a USB PD compatible smart charger. One type in which the cable can be replaced.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 10-3-2017 08:51:33 | Show all posts
Mine still works too with the original charge, Chuwi said it is a problem with specific batches... Dont know  how else to explain it...
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 10-4-2017 14:12:12 | Show all posts
Which batches were affected? ;-)

Wished there was a more rugged additional old style charging only connector. USB C is a big mess imho...

Is slow charging via micro USB port possible?

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 10-4-2017 14:13:10 | Show all posts
Okay, but be careful with Keyu. Over time, the connector will be loosened due to warming. You can not know how long it is. It would be a pity to ruin this excellent tablet. I have now bought an intelligent charger with a removable cable. I was replaced by an Inateck intelligent charger. https://www.ebay.com/i/112571607825?rt=nc

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 10-4-2017 14:29:19 | Show all posts
I'd say the Chuwi place, I need compensation for the Keyu manufacturer. It is in Europe or in America Keyu would not be able to avoid a lawsuit.
As the cause of the error was revealed, Hi13 Tablet PC is a real survivor.
Even so, Keyu tried to kill him.

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 10-4-2017 14:31:33 | Show all posts
MemberChuwi replied at 10-4-2017 14:12
Which batches were affected? ;-)

Wished there was a more rugged additional old style charging only  ...

NO,nonono,

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list