ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 ChuwiHI13 and the Keyu battery charger

Follow Us

ChuwiHI13 and the Keyu battery charger

[Copy link]

szucsi|Post time:Yesterday 14:23 View:2001|Reply:76

szucsi| Post time 12-28-2017 10:24:26 | Show all posts
Edited by szucsi at 12-28-2017 10:29

Indeed, it is a bit more complicated, but so simplifying this formula is correct.
Charging current is influenced by several factors. 1. There is a built-in charge controller in the battery. 2. Hi13 has a built-in USB Pd controller (Etrontech EJ898A)
The charging current is always under control. This also depends on the battery charge level.
However, regardless of this, you should never rely on the lower filling level.
When selecting a charger, the maximum load should always be used.
The current is influenced by many factors.
And with the Keyu charger, it's not the q problem that it's low in performance. Nobody says that. The problem is that it can not communicate with the USB PD controller. This charger is not integrated with an intelligent control chip. The problem is that it will still charge 12 volts when the USB connector is damaged. And even then 12 Volts gives a voltage if someone accidentally connects to a smaller device (eg 5V). It is flammable and is not allowed.
USB-C connector is eghy standard connector type. This is not allowed to be present with 12V voltage, without control.
You do not need a laboratory to find out this is a $ 1 charger. And you do not need a laboratory to figure out what's going to happen when the USB-C plug is damaged. There is evidence for this. In my repair shop, there are currently 4 pcs HI13 Tablet Pc. All 4 with the same mistake. The usb PD controller chip is burned like a volcano. The USB-C connector on the Keyu Charger loosens. This is causing the shortcut. This replaces motherboard. The motherboard costs about $ 120. That's a big pity with a $ 1 battery charger. Anyone who accepts good advice will survive this motherboard replacement. Anyone who does not, will soon think about it.
****** Here, I wish everyone, Happy New Year******
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jerry| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
szucsi replied at 12-28-2017 10:24
Indeed, it is a bit more complicated, but so simplifying this formula is correct.
Charging current i ...

Szucsi, can we assume that we can avoid any potential damage to the motherboard by buying high quality USB-C plug and soldering it to Keyu charger? (or by using USB-C OTG with USB-A plug connected with charger). Would it still be dangerous to the Hi13 because of the lack of communication with the control chip?

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by szucsi at 1-17-2018 16:12

Dear Jerry Of course, it solves the problem for a while. The ultimate safe solution is to purchase a 12-volt usb pd compatible charger. I know Chuwi is willing to replace these chargers with another type. To do so, you need to get in touch with after sales. For the new Hi13 tablets, they already have a better charger.

Use magic Report

robsm1th| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
szucsi is right the newer models come with a newer charger but if you want a spare this works ....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger ... eywords=Aukey+usb+c

Use magic Report

jerry| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Thank you for your help.
I ordered AUKEY PA-Y10 today. Some of the users still had problems with the one you mentioned, Robsm1th. That's why I decided to try the 46W model.
It's obviously more expensive - including shipping I had to pay around $50 for it so almost half of the motherboard replacement (according do Szucsi). Considering this fact I had to be more confident that the charger will be compatible. Hope this will pay off...
BTW. I got what you guys seem to refer to as "rev.2" of Hi13 (Hynix drive).
I'll give you the feedback if the charger works as soon as I get it.

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
I think the 46W model is more versatile as it has an additional standard 5V USB A charging port. This made me accept the higher price tag of about 40€

Use magic Report

szucsi| Post time Yesterday 14:23 | Show all posts
So Hi 13 is a good tablet, deserves a really good charger.
Since I'm fixing Chuwi tablets, I know all the Tablet PCs. All in all, this is the best. On the motherboard, it seems that this is well planned.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list