[Hi12] Windows 10 1709 RS3 RTM Fall Creators Update - page 3 - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 [Hi12] Windows 10 1709 RS3 RTM Fall Creators Update

Follow Us

[Hi12] Windows 10 1709 RS3 RTM Fall Creators Update

[Copy link]

Motobot|Post time:12-5-2017 12:47:33 View:3644|Reply:23

vuko666| Post time 12-4-2017 04:21:19 | Show all posts
Edited by vuko666 at 12-4-2017 04:22

Hello,

i have problems installing the update on our tablet. The windows upgrade assistant that is on the desktop doesn't offer me the fall creators update and says that my windows 10 is up to date.

However, the device is trying to download the latest update, progress can be seen under (control panel)settings->update. The installation fails every time. And every time the update must be downloaded again. The installation fails during the reboot. After going to setting->update there is a simple error message stating  "installation failed error 0x80200002"

Can anybody help?

The tablet is since than constantly updating, downloading and its almost unusable as the update is eating all the performance

Google search shows this for the error:
0x80200002
BG_E_INVALID_STATEThe requested action is not allowed in the current job state. The job might have been canceled or completed transferring. It is in a read-only state now.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 12-4-2017 13:07:07 | Show all posts
vuko666 replied at 12-4-2017 15:21
Hello,

i have problems installing the update on our tablet. The windows upgrade assistant that is o ...

Hello vuko666,
What prevents you from installing version 1709 with a clean install? This would be the simplest and easiest way.
But there is another, but a long way. You can use it as well.
1. Create an official ISO file using the Media Creation Tool on an external PC;
2. Disconnect the Internet from your tablet and do not connect it until the end of the upgrade;
3. Clean up system files with the Disk Cleanup tool, as described on this web page.
4. Manually delete the contents of the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
5. Copy the previously created ISO file to the USB flash drive. Insert your USB flash drive into any of two USB ports of your tablet (preferably in blue USB 3.0)
6. Open the ISO file with double click and run setup.exe. Select Upgrade this PC now and then follow the rest of the instructions to finish the upgrade.

NB. The battery level of your tablet should be more than 50% before upgrading Windows.

Use magic Report

vuko666| Post time 12-5-2017 01:28:35 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 12-4-2017 13:07
Hello vuko666,
What prevents you from installing version 1709 with a clean install? This would be  ...

Thanks for the tips. I will use the "another, long way" option to do it as i dont want to delete my partition, just upgrade windows.

Nothing is stopping me from doing a clean install. I just dont want to invest my time and i really dont want to do a clean install because an update is failing.

I want to know why is this update failing on the tablet? Will i have to do a manual upgrade after every major windows update? Why can't the tablet install the update via the normal control panel->update option?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 12-5-2017 12:47:33 | Show all posts
vuko666 replied at 12-5-2017 12:28
Thanks for the tips. I will use the "another, long way" option to do it as i dont want to delete m ...

A clean installation is a guaranteed way to get the desired Windows upgrade quickly. Therefore, do not renounce to use it if other methods do not work.
If you want to know more about the failure of the update, you should contact Microsoft Support.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list