ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Vi8 Android possible? and how to start DnX mode

Follow Us

Android possible? and how to start DnX mode

[Copy link]

ido|Post time:10-28-2017 12:24:35 View:330|Reply:4

Edited by ido at 10-27-2017 12:34

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I have a Vi8 single OS tablet, CWI501. Installing and running windows is no problem, but I want to run Android.

Is it possibe to install android on this single OS tablet? I dont mind removing Windows.

And my second question, how do I enter dnx fastboot mode? If I press + - vol buttons and turn the tablet on, I can see the dnx mode for a short time, than it reboots again and starts windows. What can I do to have it stay in dnx mode?

kind regards

Ido

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 10-27-2017 12:51:22 | Show all posts
You can't enter dnx fastboot mode with SingleBoot version of the tablet. You can flash BIOS for DualBoot, but I can not help you with a tutorial. You have to find info for yourself. Good Luck!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ido| Post time 10-28-2017 09:47:22 | Show all posts
Ah that explains it.

What BIOS should I flash? Can I use any dual OS version?  I also see the plus version, but thats not the one. An does anybody have the original BIOS for when things go wrong?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 10-28-2017 10:12:53 | Show all posts
ido,
You should study a lot before you step on this very disastrous way of turning your tablet into Dualbut.
I would recommend that you do not do this and therefore I will not help you. Just know that this is possible, but most likely it bricks your tablet .
Enjoy a quiet life and do not look for additional problems.

Use magic Report

ido| Post time 10-28-2017 12:24:35 | Show all posts
haha, those are wise words Moterbot. However I do like a challenge. I do have a programmer for when things go wrong. And my goal is not dual boot, but rather have android running instead of windows.

But for now I am looking for the the latest bios version for the single OS version, btw my serial is Q32 G22 1412 054xx

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list