Tablet Performance Tricks and MicroSD Android + Windows Partitions - Tutorial - Chuwi Hi10 Plus - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus Tablet Performance Tricks and MicroSD Android + Wind ...

Follow Us

Tablet Performance Tricks and MicroSD Android + Windows Partitions - Tutorial

[Copy link]

salto|Post time:11-13-2017 03:19:39 View:643|Reply:13

Edited by salto at 11-10-2017 11:28

Hi everyone,

I have been asking for many questions in forum for a while and because there were guys who helped me I want to share a quick tip that I have found useful.

I have Chuwi Hi10 Plus with 128 MicroSD. I have split it into 2 prtitions: 28GB for Android (actually less than 28gb) and 100 for Windows. It works flawlessly with 0 errors even if You switch between the systems. I even installed some programs on Windows into SD card, switched to android and back to windows multiple times and have no problems - all works very well!!!

TUTORIAL [THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR SD CARD, SO COPY YOUR FILES SOMEWHERE TO STAY SAFE]:

1. BOOT TO ANDROID, GO TO SETTINGS -> STORAGE -> SCROLL DOWN WHERE YOU SEE INFO ABOUT SD CARD AND CLICK "ERASE CARD" (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT). NOW YOUR SD CARD IS PERFECTLY FORMATED AND WILL WORK WELL ON ANDROID AND WINDOWS AS WELL. BUT IT IS FORMATED IN FAT32 WHICH MEANS THAT YOU CAN NOT STORE LARGER SINGLE FILE THAN 4GB ON IT. SO LET'S SOLVE THIS..

2. BOOT TO WINDOWS, DOWNLOAD AOMEI PARTITION ASSISTANT PRO (I HAVE TRIED MINITOOLS PARTITION WIZARD, CAUSE I LIKE IT MORE, BUT GOT SOME ERROR CODE), RUN IT AND FIND YOUR SD CARD. NOW SPLIT IT BY YOUR CHOICE (RIGHT CLICK ON PARTITIONS -> SPLIT), FOR EXAMPLE 28GB FOR ANDROID AND 100GB FOR WINDOWS (LIKE I DID), CLICK OK. NOW CLICK ON THE 100GB PARTITION WITH RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON AND CHOOSE "FORMAT", CHOOSE NTFS AND MAKE SURE THERE IS "ALLOCATION SIZE: DEFAULT". CLICK OK AND NOW APPLY SETTINGS (AT THE MENU LOOK FOR "V" SIGN).

3. YOU SHOULD SEE PROCESSING WINDOW AND IT SHOULD SAY "SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED". AND THAT IS IT. NOW GO TO MY COMPUTER AND RENAME 28GB PARTITION TO "ANDROID SD" AND 100GB PARTITION TO "WINDOWS SD". NOW YOU ARE READY TO USE "WINDOWS SD" FOR WINDOWS OS AND "ANDROID SD" FOR ANDROID OS.

P.S:
1. ANDROID WILL ONLY SEE YOUR 28GB PARTITION. WINDOWS WILL SEE BOTH PARTITIONS.
2. 128GB CARD ACTUALLY HAS AROUND 118GB REAL FREE SPACE, SO IF YOU DO LIKE IN MY TUTORIAL ABOVE YOU WILL FIND THAT YOU ACTUALLY DEDICATED FOR ANDROID 18GB EXTRA SPACE AND NOT 28GB.  IF YOU NEED MORE THAN JUST ADJUST SPLIT SETTINGS BY FOLLOWING THE TUTORIAL.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT ON MY CHUWI HI10 PLUS ALL WORKS PERFECTLY AND I HAVE INSTALLED ALL THE APPS I COULD ON THE "WINDOWS SD", SO I KEEP THE "DISK C" WITH ~15GB OF FREE SPACE ALL THE TIME. I BELIEVE THE SAME SHOULD WORK FOR MOSTLY ALL CHUWI TABLETS (MAYBE OTHER BRANDS WITH DUAL OS AS WELL).

P.P.S., I USE ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE PRO + 360 TOTAL SECURITY BY QIHOO (WITH ULTIMATE SECURITY SETTINGS), ALSO INSTALLED "FALL CREATORS" UPDATE AND ALL WORKS PERFECTLY AND FAST!!
WHAT I DO NOT RECOMMEND IS "IOLO SYSTEM MECHANICS", CAUSE IT MAKES ALL MY COMPUTER AS FAST AS THE TURTLE... AND ALSO I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO USE IOBIT DRIVER BOOSTER ON CHUWI TABLET (OR ATLEAST YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT YOU DO AND NOT BLINDLY UPDATE ALL DRIVERS), WHY? BECAUSE IT OFFERS FOR ME TO UPDATE "BOSH ACCELEROMETER" AND "IMAGING DEVICE" AND AFTER I UPDATE THESE TWO WITH IOBIT DRIVER BOOSTER - THE TABLET FAILS TO SHOW NORMAL VIEW WHILE ROTATED AND THE WEBCAM STOPS WORKING... SO BETTER UPDATE DRIVERS USING WINDOWS UPDATES I GUESS.

I BELIEVE ALL ABOVE IS THE BEST SOLUTION ABOUT WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN UNLESS CHUWI TEAM SAYS DIFFERENT. I AM JUST A USER. WHATEVER YOU DO IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, DO IT CAREFULLY AND DON'T FORGET TO CREATE A BACKUP.

Use magic Report

salto| Post time 11-10-2017 11:27:13 | Show all posts
Oh, one more thing... I have found Vivaldi Browser much more faster than Google Chrome, I recommend Vivaldi over Google Chrome.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-10-2017 14:20:02 | Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing your experience that confirms what I have been writing for some time in this forum.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

salto| Post time 11-11-2017 03:05:37 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 11-10-2017 14:20
Thank you very much for sharing your experience that confirms what I have been writing for some time ...

I have been asking many questions and You were responsive and helpful to me. So I decided to share my experience as well.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 11-12-2017 07:37:56 | Show all posts
kewl

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 11-12-2017 07:38:51 | Show all posts
i've yet to figure out how to restore my fudged Bosch Accelerometer huhu

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 11-12-2017 07:41:41 | Show all posts
salto replied at 11-11-2017 19:05
I have been asking many questions and You were responsive and helpful to me. So I decided to share ...

yes i second manonegra222 has been a very kickass mod all year

Use magic Report

olegbilas| Post time 11-13-2017 01:08:40 | Show all posts
One little question... What have i do, when SD card-reader do not work??? Your recomendatoins are helpfull in case card-reader is still working...

Use magic Report

salto| Post time 11-13-2017 03:11:40 | Show all posts
olegbilas replied at 11-13-2017 01:08
One little question... What have i do, when SD card-reader do not work??? Your recomendatoins are he ...

If the built-in sd card reader cna not read any of micro sd card You have (my advice is for You to try out atleast 2-3 microsd cards to make sure that the problem is related with card reader only and not the micro sd card itself). If You have no luck with different micro sd cards - all of those makes no reaction on Your windows and android, then You should contact service@chuwi.com. If Your tablet "knows" when SD card is imported but just does not read it, then probably this can be fixed easily in one way or another. So write down the exact symptoms so that we could understand the exact situation.

Use magic Report

salto| Post time 11-13-2017 03:19:39 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 11-12-2017 07:38
i've yet to figure out how to restore my fudged Bosch Accelerometer huhu

If You also have Hi10 Plus, then You can download these drivers https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqpKvT8-VB_81A576FBsy6jjyBDI .These works on the win 10 Fall Creators update (latest update for win 10). Use double driver to restore specifically Bosch Accelerometer drivers. If You get an error - turn of driver signature verification (google for it, it is easy). More info about drivers here: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-5094-1-1.html

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list