Red cross on wifi icon in windows 10 - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Red cross on wifi icon in windows 10

Follow Us

Red cross on wifi icon in windows 10

[Copy link]

albpique|Post time:11-14-2017 03:06:05 View:97|Reply:5

I have Chuwi Hi12. When I bought the dual tablet I had wifi issue, I needed restart 2 or 3 times for have Internet acces but for a few months the wifi adapter in win10 is missing and a red cross appears in the symbol of the desktop wifi. On Android appears "activating wifi" but do nothing and in advance section not appear MAC adress. Can you help me please?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-13-2017 03:49:14 | Show all posts
If you say that at the beginning you have had problems connecting, and now it does not work on Android or Windows, it is clear that your problem is the network card. It may just not make good contact or it may be broken.
Only two possible solutions:
1. Replace the network card (with the help of a technician)
2. Acquire a compatible USB Wifi adapter for Android and Windows and use the tablet with that adapter.

If the tablet is under warranty, you can open a ticket in the seller indicating the fault and requesting repair or exchange.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

albpique| Post time 11-13-2017 04:16:10 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 11-13-2017 03:49
If you say that at the beginning you have had problems connecting, and now it does not work on Andro ...

I thought so, but I wanted to be sure before sending the tablet to China.
Thank you very much.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-13-2017 04:29:16 | Show all posts
albpique replied at 11-13-2017 13:16
I thought so, but I wanted to be sure before sending the tablet to China.
Thank you very much.

If you paid by paypal you can recover the cost of return to China. Check the PayPal website
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 11-13-2017 17:43:02 | Show all posts
Or just buy a USB WiFi dongle for a couple of bucks, which will probably outperform the built-in Wifi and could be AC compatible as well!

Use magic Report

albpique| Post time 11-14-2017 03:06:05 | Show all posts
Edited by albpique at 11-14-2017 03:08
technisol replied at 11-13-2017 17:43
Or just buy a USB WiFi dongle for a couple of bucks, which will probably outperform the built-in Wif ...

But, Can I use a USB WiFi for Android? Or only in windows? If yes, can you say me a model that works with Chuwi Hi12?Thank you very much!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list