If you have the SD Card working on Windows... - Chuwi Hi10 Plus - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus If you have the SD Card working on Windows...

Follow Us

If you have the SD Card working on Windows...

[Copy link]

tsmvp|Post time:11-14-2017 07:24:46 View:162|Reply:3

Gentlemen,

Yes, I am another customer that had the SD card working just fine and now it is dead under Windows. I went on a trip and my wife used the tablet on Android and since that, no more SD Card on Windows.
The same card works just fine under Android (now formatted as ExFAT) and works on any other machine/device. Just refuses to work on the Chuwi UNDER Windows 10.
I am not sure what triggers this but given what I have read/seen so far, these are some conclusions:
- The card worked fine initially. If it was just a matter of drivers, restoring the Windows OS to its pristine, as shipped state, would fix this. I have not tried it but I assume people did try this. What were the results?
- The unsigned drivers, if these work, I can get them signed for sure. Is this a real fix?
- If you do have Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and the card is working, do you mind posting the driver/version details?
- For people with a working Windows 10 machine, do you mind copying the drivers you have somewhere so we can try to see if these work for us unlucky souls?

I do love the machine as it is light, relatively good performer with decent battery life. But not having SD is a deal breaker for me due to the need for Dropbox and the internal 64GB not being enough.

Cheers.

CR

Use magic Report

olegbilas| Post time 11-14-2017 00:45:57 | Show all posts
Edited by olegbilas at 11-14-2017 00:52

If SD is still working in Android, you have make
1) partitition of SD: If the card is more than 32 Gb you must make a primary partition, in format Fat32 for Android and the rest of the card, in NTFS, also primary for Windows. This you may do on computer
2) When you have done, remove the SD for a few weeks and then boot the tablet in Windows with a pendrive connected to port C or microusb. A data pendrive, no matter what the content. Possibly recover the SD reader in Windows. Try it and if so, you leave the card you have prepared with the partitions.This method is proposed by moderator manonegra222.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-14-2017 01:42:18 | Show all posts
just add that, during that period without sd card, you should use both systems
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

tsmvp| Post time 11-14-2017 07:24:46 | Show all posts
Ok let me see if I understood the procedure properly:
1. On a different machine (i.e. my home PC), I will use the SD Card and create two partitions on it, one smaller than 32GB I assume and format it using Fat32. For example if the card is 64GB, I can create one 2GB Fat32 and the rest, 62GB, I create another partition formatted with NTFS.
2. Once I have that card formatted with the 2 partitions, I will use the tablet for a couple days/weeks without the SD Card. Then I will try to insert the card on the machine and see if it can read it.
Is this correct?

My main question is, is Android required for this? I am asking as I have plans to remove Android completely as I have no use for it at all.

Thanks,

CR

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list