Fresh out of the box. - Chuwi Hi8 Pro - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro Fresh out of the box.

Follow Us

Fresh out of the box.

[Copy link]

western22|Post time:4 day(s) ago View:106|Reply:6

Hi  . I have owned several Chinese brand units and never had one with so many faults as this HI8pro. Serial#22170903594.Android will not recognize sd card and windows will not recognize usb cable. This machine should have the latest bios etc. Anything I can do? I appreciate all of your inputs and time  Thanks Don M

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-6-2017 07:29:05 | Show all posts
The tablets with dual operating systems, with Z8350 processor, whatever their brand, have a known failure in reading SD cards, first in Windows and then in Android. Once presented the failure there are some methods to reuse them, but they are not definitive. In your case, the card may simply not be formatted in an Android compatible format. Your card must be formatted in Fat32 and I advise you that, in case of being of greater capacity of the 32 Gb, make a partition in Fat32 of a size of 32 Gb and the rest of the space in a new partition formatted in NTFS for use in Windows .

On the other hand, the connections of the micro USB port of the tablet is quite deep so you must ensure that the connector is inserted to the bottom, having to, in some cases, cut a millimeter of plastic around the connector.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

western22| Post time 12-6-2017 09:53:26 | Show all posts
Thank you for the response, I will reformat and partition the card . Note that the card is recognized in windows on the Tablet. As fa as the cable goes, It works fine with Android hooked up to the computer, but will not recognize the the Tablet while it is in Windows

Use magic Report

western22| Post time 12-6-2017 12:40:35 | Show all posts
I cannot find a way to use both halves of a 64 gb card, Only one partition and the other half becomes unallocated.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-6-2017 14:00:55 | Show all posts
western22 replied at 12-6-2017 21:40
I cannot find a way to use both halves of a 64 gb card, Only one partition and the other half become ...

https://es.m.wikihow.com/particionar-una-tarjeta-SD
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

western22| Post time 12-6-2017 16:32:13 | Show all posts
Thank you, that worked.

Use magic Report

western22| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Tablet only recognized content on sd card 1 time. Then only says. "Blank removable storage card. If I load a video onto the card, Android will relete it after 1 start up.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list