ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook @Emily: Chuwi Surbook Faulty Graphics / Screen flick ...

Follow Us

@Emily: Chuwi Surbook Faulty Graphics / Screen flickering

[Copy link]

Nikotelli45|Post time:12-19-2017 07:47:20 View:374|Reply:6

Hi Emily,

I am an early backer of the Chuwi Surbook on indiegogo. Unfortunately, after some use I have to say that the Surbook is not working correctly. After using the Surbook for some time the screen starts flickering and in the end ghost pictures make the device unusable. (Also, the keyboard does not get detected by the Surbook, so I think this is also broken). I have tried resetting the system, drivers and everything else. So I think it is hardware related and has to do with a faulty graphics card or similar.

I have tried resetting If this, however, should be an software related error, can you please provide a fix. I really like the Surbook but it is annoying and the device is not usable like this. If this error is hardware related which I believe please contact me and provide info about how I can return/repair or replace the device. As I am dependent on a functional Surbook for my studies I hope you can resolve this as quick as possible.

Many Thanks,
Nikolaus Angster

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 12-15-2017 19:22:08 | Show all posts
hello, could you please try this driver, hope it will help you:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/76 ... _AP123_20170915.zip
have a good weekend
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-15-2017 11:51:05 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 12-15-2017 20:55

I sincerely regret reading this.
I am also one of the first crowdfunding backers and I have to say that everything is going great.
I have not had a single problem with the sensitivity of the touch screen or with ghost images and the battery life far exceeds 5 hours.

I have read your complaints in detail and I think that the subject of the screen could be due to an error in the controller.
If you want, you can try to find the latest updates with the Driver Booster 5 program and install the latest Intel drivers for the graphics card to see if the problem is solved.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Nikotelli45| Post time 12-17-2017 11:58:22 | Show all posts
Thank you very much for the quick answers. I will try the Driver Booster 5 method first and then report back.

Use magic Report

Nikotelli45| Post time 12-18-2017 06:05:17 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Update: Unfortunately updating all the drivers via Driver Booster 5 did not work out. After around 1h of use the same problems happened again... screen blurring and ghosting in the end. @Emily how can I manually install those drivers you provided?

Use magic Report

Nikotelli45| Post time 12-19-2017 02:20:27 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
So, after some googling i figured out how to Install Emily's drivers. However the issues still occur. What can I do next? I am starting to beliebte that the problem is a hardware problem and not fixable via driver changes...

Use magic Report

Anxelcf94| Post time 12-19-2017 07:47:20 | Show all posts
Edited by Anxelcf94 at 12-19-2017 07:48

Hi, I think I have the same issue, I say the same because the screen only flickered after 5-10 minutes I've launched a game, and I think that it's cause of the heat, because it appears when the backside of the tablet is hot, and it stopped flickering when I power off the screen or close the game. I'm my resarch I've read that its a problem of refresh of the screen, and because I had had a similar issue with another tablet long time ago, I tried this: http://hispatablets.com/teclast- ... -windows-t2801.html , and for now it worked for me. I've been testing with games and it not appears, when I try the TDP tweak I will tell you. Hope it work for you!  

EDIT: The screen started flickering again, "lucky" news its that it doesn't flicker as often as before, bad news is that the problem isn't solved. Emily could you and Chuwi post a solution? Or if there's none, tell that there are many defective products, recognise it, so I can change my surbook for another one, please, we are a lot of people who struggle with the same problem here! Please don't shame the brand of Chuwi, many people supported you with the indiegogo crowfunding!

PD: Sorry for my english, I'm from Spain

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list