ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Pro Midi/Audio latency

Follow Us

Midi/Audio latency

[Copy link]

merlino|Post time:12-19-2017 05:23:42 View:105|Reply:4

I've connected my synthesizer to the tablet through usb. The device recognize it and I can play notes, but there is a noticeable latency in the answer.
I know that the full midi support without latency is only from version 6 Marshmallows and my Hibook has only the 5.
Do you know if there's another way (driver, extern sw and/or similar) to reduce latency?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-19-2017 03:12:23 | Show all posts
I do not know if there is a plug to be able to solve the issue of the latency of your synthesizer in Android 5.1
What you can try is to install CM12, CM13 or Lineage OS, which are based on Android 6.0 with which the full midi may work
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

merlino| Post time 12-19-2017 03:38:19 | Show all posts
Edited by merlino at 12-19-2017 12:39

As far as I know there's no way to install Android 6 on the Hibook Pro due to lack of kernel source and drivers. I hope to be wrong

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-19-2017 04:17:34 | Show all posts
merlino replied at 12-19-2017 12:38
As far as I know there's no way to install Android 6 on the Hibook Pro due to lack of kernel source  ...

look at this page: http://www.modaco.com/forums/top ... amp;comment=2286408
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

merlino| Post time 12-19-2017 05:23:42 | Show all posts
Thank you, but...

There's pretty significant issues running Marshmallow with prebuilt Lollipop kernel extracted from stock firmware (no deep sleep, etc). There's no kernel source available for Hibook Pro so I can't build a proper Marshmallow kernel for your device.

That'll 'work', but it's totally unsupported of course. I really wouldn't recommend it but it's your device and you can do whatever you want with it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list