ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 not charging or starting up

Follow Us

Hi13 not charging or starting up

[Copy link]

zeroc|Post time:12-31-2017 01:20:47 View:171|Reply:4

Hello, would BIOS reset fix this issue? What do i need to hard reset BIOS as IT stopped after BIOS update

Use magic Report

gumi| Post time 12-28-2017 14:35:02 | Show all posts
Edited by gumi at 12-28-2017 14:56

Why you've uploaded new bios? There's a total mess with bios vs compatible hardware revision on that forum and they should remove all the downloads if they cant control or describe them. There's no reset button or something. If it's not charging it's bricked so maybe use warranty (beware that gearbest voids it in that case)?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

zeroc| Post time 12-29-2017 12:23:32 | Show all posts
so i cant use usb programmer and clip to fix bios? Ok, well ill just throw it in garbage then.

Use magic Report

gumi| Post time 12-29-2017 13:45:33 | Show all posts
Edited by gumi at 12-30-2017 14:26

Bios is only half of the problem: because the tablet is not charging EC is also screw up. You must somehow find correct bios and valid EC.

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 12-31-2017 01:20:47 | Show all posts
Edited by MemberChuwi at 12-31-2017 01:43

Never change a running system...

Never update Bios without distinct reason...

There is no official support or service. You need to make sure that things you change work first, probably backing up initial states.

When I got my Hi13 I was tempted to update Bios too because the clock didn't work proper and lost time setting each time I switched the device off. However I could't find anything on this particular issue.

This problem magically disappeared after the first big Windows update, installing some chipset driver stuff... since then cameras didn't work. Windows. messed up the camera drivers... still I hesitate trying fixes for that. I don't need the mediocre cameras. However I regret not having backed up the initial Windows as cameras were working before...

I know, this doesn't help when things are messed up. But maybe it's a warning to new Hi13 users or the ones deciding a purchase.

Before you dump your device try to open it. Maybe there is a way to hard reset it.

If noting works you can still try to sell it for spare parts... some need to fix a broken screen or want battery replacements - forget to order spare parts from Chuwi.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list