ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Pro Windows problem

Follow Us

Windows problem

[Copy link]

merlino|Post time:1-4-2018 02:42:54 View:94|Reply:4

After a driver update made automatically with an IoBit app, I can't access the desktop anymore.
Windows does the normal startup ops, but when the desktop should appear, the dislpay switch off. After some minutes in this condition, the tablet restart.
I tried to reset Windows with the recovery procedure, but the problem still remains.
Now I can start it only in safe mode, but I can't see the driver that cause the problem.
Any idea to recover from this situation?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-2-2018 14:32:12 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 1-2-2018 23:45

I do not think it's a driver that prevents Windows startup, rather it seems that Drive Booster made some change at the start of Windows. If you have started to fail-proof and you have not found any yellow triangle in the device manager, I think the best option is to reinstall Windows with the rom you will find in the download area corresponding to your tablet model.

You can check if there are any system files altered by using the Windows 10 system arcivhos checker

The System File Checker is a utility that is available in Windows 10 and that checks for corrupted system files.
It is recommended for advanced users.
To execute it:

Select start and in the search box, type Command Prompt.
Press and hold (or right-click) on the Command Prompt (desktop application) in the search results and select Run as administrator.

Type DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").

Write sfc / scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

More information about the System File Checker

Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

merlino| Post time 1-3-2018 10:27:24 | Show all posts
Edited by merlino at 1-3-2018 19:31

I tried to reinstall using the image on the forum in a usb pen, but after boot and some ops I obtain this error:

photo upload

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 1-3-2018 10:37:17 | Show all posts
merlino replied at 1-3-2018 19:27
I tried to reinstall using the image on the forum in a usb pen, but after boot and some ops I obtain ...

Does the USB formatted in NTFS and renamed as WINPE? If so, continue, try creating another different USB.

Use magic Report

merlino| Post time 1-4-2018 02:42:54 | Show all posts
Seems that the problem was the WINPE name, after change all worked perfectly. Thank you!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list