ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] Make Dual Boot HI8 Pro -> Single Boot Win ...

Follow Us

[Hi8 Pro] [Tutorial] Make Dual Boot HI8 Pro -> Single Boot Windows

[Copy link]

thaayb|Post time:6 day(s) ago View:833|Reply:3

Edited by thaayb at 1-5-2018 11:48

Hi all,
I just found out that there is an easy way to convert your chuwi hi8 pro dual boot tablet to a windows only tablet with one big ~28GB C: drive.

Here is what I did to archieve this:

OPTIONAL: (Remove OS Selection Screen when booting)
  • Find the SwitchNOW.exe in the hidden recovery folder (See here: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... =5208&fromuid=39061)
  • Run SwitchNOW.exe, a prompt will pop up asking you if you want to boot to Android. Select NO.
  • Another promt will pop up, select the Disable radio button at "Boot menu configuration" and exit the program.

This will delete android and will reinstall windows onto one big partition.

PS: You can always get Android/Dual Boot back using this tutorial: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ypeid%26typeid%3D17

PSS: I am pretty sure this works for other tablets too! All windows firmwares come with this Main.cmd script.
This script always has two installation routines, one for single OS and one for dual OS. You only have to edit the script so it executes the single OS routine instead of the dual OS. In most scripts you only need to change a variable (linke on hi8 pro, see above), in some other scripts you have to modify a goto statement.

WARNING: Make sure to back up your data bevore performing this! I am not responisble for any damage or data loss!
Never perform a bios update on a working device!
NWRK.BIZ

Use magic Report

guips| Post time 1-16-2018 23:34:26 | Show all posts
Hello,
Did you try it with an PQ32G221709xxxx ? Everything work ? Which windows did you use ?
Thanks
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

thaayb| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Never perform a bios update on a working device!
NWRK.BIZ

Use magic Report

guips| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by guips at 1-22-2018 12:56

Everything Work Great thank you very much.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list