ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Is my battery dying?

Follow Us

Is my battery dying?

[Copy link]

seevi|Post time:5 day(s) ago View:125|Reply:6

Recently my battery is getting drained extremly fast. Like 70% in 10 hours on standby. I read that a lot of people had problems with the charger frying a chip but that doesn't seem to be the problem here since the port still works.
I attached a battery report, where you can see at the bottom that the supposed capacity of the battery is rising since the start of this year, which fits perfectly with the moment the drain problem started.

Battery-Chuwi_Hi13.PNG

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 1-14-2018 05:59:53 | Show all posts
Check background apps, brightness ect. there are a lot of factors to be counted in when leaving your pc on...
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 1-15-2018 01:52:57 | Show all posts
Edited by MemberChuwi at 1-15-2018 01:53

Interesting... which software does such reports?

With the latest Windows. updates I have the impression 'performance' works better than 'power saving' and stresses the battery less. However I rarely use my hi13 all day long.

Probably you should disconnect WLAN before switching off and disabling automatic reconnect. This hopefully avoids Windows from update orgies overnight...

Other than that battery consumption varies a lot. This is not necessarily a battery issue. Don't trust battery management too much either. I have an old cheap small tablet where battery holds voltage still well but battery management freaks out when you use it while charging...

Usually I try to not store my tablet fully charged at 100% or trickle charge it overnight. I use a simple timer to limit charging time to 1h or 2h. This may help to make your battery live longer. Many full 100% cycles are reducing battery lifetime. Some notebooks have charging limitation when you are working powered, to avoid trickle charging.

Use magic Report

seevi| Post time 1-15-2018 07:33:30 | Show all posts
Check background apps, brightness ect. there are a lot of factors to be counted in when leaving your pc on...

the problem occurs when in standby so brightness is probably not the issue.

Interesting... which software does such reports?

Win 10 has a build in battery report you can get by putting
powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html
in the admin cmd.

The problem is "gone" now anyway, the charger fried the chip. I saw actual smoke coming out from the USB port. Now I have a great screen that I can't really use just because they saved a few cents on the charger. That was my first and only Chuwi.

If anyone stumbles across this post and only now heard about the charger issues and thinks to themself "If it didn't fry my tablet yet it probably won't happen in the future", do yourself a favor and get a new charger or else you'll end up at the same spot as me.

Use magic Report

sosak| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
seevi replied at 1-15-2018 07:33
the problem occurs when in standby so brightness is probably not the issue.

Hi, which charger did you get along with the Hi13 ?
I received a different one = not the KEYU charger - see photo.
04.jpg

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Sad to read this ! USB-C connector broken on charger ?

Use magic Report

seevi| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Hi, which charger did you get along with the Hi13 ?

KEYU Charger

KEYU Charger

USB-C connector broken on charger ?

I suppose. The pins look fine but the metal part of the charger is somewhat loose. Data doesn't work anymore an the USB C port and of course the smoke makes me think that the charger fried my tablet.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list