ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi LapBook Air lapbook AIR latest bios

Follow Us

lapbook AIR latest bios

[Copy link]

Jo900|Post time:1-15-2018 03:03:34 View:142|Reply:7

Where are bios of that lapbook ? This company have no sense of what mean sell stuff.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-13-2018 08:51:11 | Show all posts
You could have searched just a little before spitting out a crit: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ypeid%26typeid%3D55
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Jo900| Post time 1-13-2018 09:57:34 | Show all posts
man i already flashed that bios! and is not the latest one !! cause ddr3 before flashing was at 1866 and now 1333, so i downgrade and i don't know where is located latest bios (the same was already on the lapbook). I had to downgrade to set ram 1333 and avoid any chances that is ram the cause of bsod. Now i'm 100% sure i have a faulty emmc and i'm not able to find latest bios and bring back ram to 1866... is more clear that ?

A whole company who sell tech stuff and after you buy is impossible to find UPDATED software about the device. No driver section on site support, no bios list with all cronology of bios release. The is just 2 uploads on mediafire, 8GB splitted with factory image and ONE bios.

Tell me who is spitting out a crit, chuwi never again !!!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-13-2018 10:15:09 | Show all posts
Jo900 replied at 1-13-2018 18:57
man i already flashed that bios! and is not the latest one !! cause ddr3 before flashing was at 1866 ...

I can only answer correctly when I have all the data. It is not frequent here to deal with advanced users.
If the published one is not the last, ask Emily to put it here, or ask her to service@chuwi.com, putting, in both cases, the serial number that appears on the back. I hope that you can update your version.
Chuwi decided not to publish bios in the last teams due to the bricks originated by putting these files in the hands of less advanced users.

Sorry if I was brusque before, but the criticism, that this case was, must be justified.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Jo900| Post time 1-13-2018 12:16:05 | Show all posts
I'm tired of this device, it cost me a lot money, time and patience.
Trying to troubleshot what exactly is going wrong, cause i really not want to waste other 80eur (for a new M.2 2242 unit to add previous device cost of 350eur) and find out i have something else faulty. So many hour of memtest with ok result, and i know sometimes there are data corruption due to ram (i have many performance ram modules for desktop that only work at nominal jedec standard settings) so i had to downclock with old bios and try again to write data on emmc, even with memtest ok.
And everything i try is hardened with all the software missing here. No drivers, no bios... just two file on mediafire...  
And what surprise me is about a new released laptop device(september), not something old as fck.

I mean is not supposed to format your pc ? Factory image my a.s ! did the company release the image with latest win10 fall c.u. ? no of course !
So if people want to format and clean install latest windows 10 you have to search for drivers... good luck find something...

So here what i see:
a working forum ok, good guides like how to install ubuntu cause "intel linux" option into bios is missing or not working (pc won't turn on anymore).
Devices with too much bugs, lot of devices faulty (bsod, no post, etc), absolutely zero software support, email answer aster 10days min, warranty (what???).

chuwy just sell stuff, once you pay is all on you.

I think is right write what is not good, so company can improve and meanwhile people warned.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-14-2018 17:26:46 | Show all posts
Jo900 replied at 1-13-2018 21:16
I'm tired of this device, it cost me a lot money, time and patience.
Trying to troubleshot what exa ...

I always backup the drivers on new pc using powershell,and windowskey from bios, before doing anything else, life have taught me that after some errors, guide to how you backup your drivers can be found here
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ex ... 10-using-powershell

If your device is defect, go talk with the store you bought it from, that i normal precidure here in my country, the store gives us the warenty, and whats going on between store and the place they get the things from is not of costumers concern

I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Jo900| Post time 1-14-2018 23:41:35 | Show all posts
useful tips, thanks !

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-15-2018 03:03:34 | Show all posts
I just had a look at the Chinese suport board, they doesent have any bios for the Lapbook Air either
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list