ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] How to install Ubuntu 17.10 with KDE/Pla ...

Follow Us

[Hi13] [Tutorial] How to install Ubuntu 17.10 with KDE/Plasma for Chuwi Hi13

[Copy link]

Carve|Post time:1-31-2018 01:00:01 View:499|Reply:11

Carve| Post time 1-26-2018 02:25:38 | Show all posts
Edited by Carve at 1-26-2018 15:25

Performance Quick Check

During the testing of this Linux setup I try to keep an eye on the performance meter (CPU - RAM - SWAP)

In the first week it swapped only once, which happened when I ran a software update.  

Have a look at post#5, there is plenty of memory available. The system so far occupies less than 10GB of disk space.

I checked a couple of 4k videos on Youtube and also HD video streams, works pretty well, few hick-ups did occur though when CPU reached 100%. CPU will normally stay between 40% and 80% utilization during a HiRes video (internet speed is VDSL 100 down / 40 up)

There were no system crashes.

First impression after week 1: Not a bad combo "Chuwi Hi13 and Kubuntu".
--
Carve
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Carve| Post time 1-31-2018 01:00:01 | Show all posts
Edited by Carve at 1-31-2018 10:03

Good News on the Suspend / StandBy Issues.

The kernel fix will not make it until 4.16, however there is a temporary fix for the problem:

To prevent the touch screen from falling to sleep forever, we have to unload the driver before the system suspends.  
Download or copy the following script https://gist.github.com/sigboe/2602f9318b8f55ca92c7755a5b70644d and

1. Put into /lib/systemd/system-sleep/suspend-modules
2. chmod a+x /lib/systemd/system-sleep/suspend-modules

This script will unload any drivers listed in "*.conf" files in the directory "/etc//suspend-modules.d/"
So, now we need to create "/etc/suspend-modules.d/touch.conf" and paste the following lines:

goodix_backport
i2c_algo_bit
i2c_cht_wc

This will unload the goodix touch screen driver and i2C bus driver before suspending and hopefully reload them on wake-up.
[Use "goodix" instead of "goodix_backport" if you didn't recompile the driver]

It looks like my wish list is complete.

--
Carve
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list