ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13, new, >10 available, U.S. $50 shipped on eBay! ...

Follow Us

Hi13, new, >10 available, U.S. $50 shipped on eBay!

[Copy link]

MarylandUSA|Post time:2-12-2018 07:14:46 View:230|Reply:12

MarylandUSA| Post time 2-6-2018 11:08:45 | Show all posts
Edited by MarylandUSA at 2-6-2018 14:10

I used PayPal. I tried to apply for a refund but the form said PayPal could not do so--no caveat like "try again after 30 days". Unfortunately, when you select a reason for requesting a refund, eBay doesn't provide a choice that reads, "eBay canceled the listing"--just choices like "merchandise never arrived" and "merchandise was different from what was listed." I tried calling their help line but their interactive voice system didn't accommodate my needs. I'll try again another time.

I also must get a refund on the $14 I spend on a 2-year SquareTrade protection plan for the first Hi13.

Here's a screenshot I took before the ad was pulled; unfortunately, I messed up and saved it at too coarse a resolution. Last I checked, the scammer had "sold" about 39 of these in the first 20 hours.  

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 2-9-2018 07:33:17 | Show all posts
Hope you get your money back.

Concerning insurance add ons (is the plan you refer to something like this?) I found most are not worth a penny because conditions often finally end up with a 'remaining value' compensation which drops very soon to zero after few month's - and as usual - repair is uneconomical or simply not available.

These plans seem to meet what we desire - not what is finally provided. If an insurance really takes real risks it normally costs a multitude of the stuff itself and is obsolete because you can easily refund yourself cheaper...

Use magic Report

MarylandUSA| Post time 2-12-2018 07:14:46 | Show all posts
Yes, and even the insurer did not depreciate, it was naive of me to think that Square Trade would cover the replacement value ($300), not the amount I had paid ($50).
I ended up buying a used, year-old Hi13 with all accessories yesterday from a local guy on Craigslist. $340 for the Hi13, a Chuwi second-generation 12V charger, the docking keyboard, the H3 pen, and the usual leatherette black case. The seller had never removed the plastic screen protector and had all the boxes.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list