ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook Very Disapointed in my SurBook

Follow Us

Very Disapointed in my SurBook

[Copy link]

NConley9|Post time:6 day(s) ago View:173|Reply:5

I ordered my SurBook in the initial crowdfunding campaign and was very excited to receive this tablet, unfortunately it has fallen short of just about every expectation I had for it.  Even as a casual use device this tablet falls short.  I wanted to be able to use the USB C chargers for my phone to charge, nope.  I wanted to install Android emulators for a better Kindle experience, nope.  On top of that, the touch pad is unusable because it is way over-sensitive, and the touchscreen is unusable because it's way under-sensitive.  I updated the touch drivers, but I still have to firmly press the screen slowly to have it register touch commands.  Forget about swiping.  Also, my screen only has one brightness.  I can adjust it via the settings on-screen but it has no effect.  Am I the only one dealing with these disappointments?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-12-2018 12:36:48 | Show all posts
I'm sorry to read this. My SurBook is also crowdfunding and I have to say that everything works perfectly, within what can be demanded from a tablet.
In any case you can not ask for benefits from a PC since it is not built for it or has the necessary resources, so some programs will not work well or simply will not work. The same applies to games.
What you mention about touchpad faults, which you say is very sensitive, see if they correspond with the Windows 10 gestures. You can always deactivate while you are typing by pressing the FN key and the space bar. The green light on the keyboard will light up to remind you that it is disabled.
In relation to the sensitivity of the touch screen and as you say that you have already updated the driver to which it was published later, I advise you to restore Windows from the advanced options menu.
The brillo works correctly and can be regulated by pressing the F1 and F2 keys to very bright levels.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Ricey155| Post time 2-13-2018 05:06:00 | Show all posts
For me you need to look at these builders, they make excellent stuff but don't expect it to be the finished article. I've had Chinese brands like UmiDigi and Vernee for mobiles and they make good products but they don't work 100% like the big brands.

There's a reason why they're cheaper than the clone or style it's the end product. hopefully, if chuwi can push out a few updates it may solve the minor issues. I hope hey fully back there product up and not move on to a new venture before this is right.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-13-2018 10:50:21 | Show all posts
Ricey155 replied at 2-13-2018 14:06
For me you need to look at these builders, they make excellent stuff but don't expect it to be the f ...

I never like to generalize. A manufacturer can not be marked by a small sample. Chuwi manufactures thousands of devices and you can always expect a percentage with problems. In the case of the SurBook, I can guarantee that the index is very low. Of course, an after-sales service is necessary to resolve these situations so that the customer's experience is satisfactory.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

NConley9| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
After flashing the Windows image, updating windows (which took hours), and installing the new touch drivers, the brightness issue and the touch screen lag seem to be resolved.  The touch-screen issue alone has made the tablet usable.  

Has anyone been able to get an Android emulator to run on the SurBook?  If so, I may eat my words.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
NConley9 replied at 2-19-2018 19:11
After flashing the Windows image, updating windows (which took hours), and installing the new touch  ...

I'm really happy that you can have a usable device. As I told you before, I am very happy with the operation of the SurBook and its reliability.
As for the Android emulator, I know it works, but I have not tried it. When I want Android, I turn on my Android tablet.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list