fje Publish time 2-16-2019 00:44:01

Chuwi HI10 Plus availability?

Hi, HI10 Plus seems to have disappeared from the market, no way to find it in any of the typical places, Amazon, Gearbest, eBay, etc. etc.

Is there any problem with it? Is there any plan date for having it again in normal stock and sales?

Regards.

Javier

santi.sc Publish time 2-16-2019 01:14:27

Hello,

The production of new units seems that it was paralyzed to be replaced by Hi10 Air (only Windows). Chuwi has a variety of Android tablets with Oreo and will soon be updated Android PIE, Hi10 Plus is not possible for reasons of Intel update the Android version, it seems a correct decision to stop the manufacture of Hi10 Plus, the version Android was quite obsolete. Now the dual boot tablets are missing from the market since the Intel processors do not support the latest version of Android.
I think it's a good decision to focus on updating the new versions of Tablets with the new processors.

fje Publish time 2-16-2019 07:53:53

Edited by fje at 2-16-2019 07:55

First of all, thanks for your answer. Now, my comments:

Might be from a manufacturer point of view it had to be the decision to be taken.

BUT from MY user point of view it is not so good because Air is 10.1" vs 10.8" screen of Plus, 6200mAh vs 8400 mAh battery and also the absence of Android.

The dual boot tablets have the best of both worlds (even the Android version couldn't be the most up-to-date one), because one has a Windows system to work seamless with the Windows world, sharing work, applications and files with the home laptops or desktops and, also the big world of Android apps that offer much more possibilities.

So, is it a definitive position from Chuwi not to have dual boot tablets anymore? Is there any plan of future or medium term possibility af having a "new" HI10 plus like dual boot tablet?

regards.

fje Publish time 2-16-2019 09:33:51

Additional question: does any of the Chuwi tablets have GPS support included?

manonegra222 Publish time 2-16-2019 14:50:43

fje replied at 2-16-2019 18:33
Additional question: does any of the Chuwi tablets have GPS support included?

I already answered that question in the subforum in Spanish

manonegra222 Publish time 2-16-2019 14:53:56

fje replied at 2-16-2019 16:53

Might be from a manufacturer point of view...

It is not a decision of Chuwi. Search the market to see if you find a new dualboot tablet from another brand. There are no processors that support the two systems since drivers are not developed for it.

santi.sc Publish time 2-17-2019 00:16:23

fje replied at 2-16-2019 16:53

Might be from a manufacturer point of view...

Yes, I understand your opinion. Let's say that Hi10 Air really replaces HI10 Pro and Hi10 Plus, in processor and team composition. The dual boot tablets were a great invention, but understand the situation that the Android version was very old and only generated problems and complaints.

Some processor that fits to return the dual boot Tablet should come out.

fje Publish time 2-17-2019 01:06:08

manonegra222 replied at 2-16-2019 14:50
I already answered that question in the subforum in Spanish

Thanks, I already read it, thanks for it, and put some reason explaining I am looking for a dual boot tablet, to have the goodies of the Android apps world and, at the same time, being able of using the files and programs I use in Windows, mainly the mail, that I still maintain using the Outlook client of Office, maintaining the mail in a local file (not very fan of the clouds).

Regards
Pages: [1]
View full version: Chuwi HI10 Plus availability?