ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Remove Android Partition / Windows 10 Clean Installa ...

Follow Us

Remove Android Partition / Windows 10 Clean Installation

[Copy link]

Tremend81|Post time:8-11-2016 08:32:03 View:10252|Reply:24

Edited by Tremend81 at 5-29-2016 00:09

Is there any especific Chuwi Hi12 tutorial about how to remove the Android partition properly?? (include the choosing menu when booting) I dont use Android so I want to recover some memory and avoid the annoying choosing menu, after remove android, I may like to install an official windows 10 software.

I’ve found this video in spanish doing all the process to erase android and make a clean windows install for the Chuwi Vi10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJTwqCkTMTM

According to this video you have to:

• Make a booteable usb with the windows disc image in rufus software
  • Delete ALL partitions and install windows
  • Install all drivers with DoubleDrive software
  • Install the driver/patch to make the touch panel works well

it seems so easy… anyone who has made this already and can let us now if it works for Chuwi Hi12? any change about performance and battery life? driver issues??

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 5-29-2016 00:32:07 | Show all posts
There is also this method from Techtablets and Xda.
Modérateur
https://www.actiftech.com/
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

keith1234| Post time 5-29-2016 16:53:48 | Show all posts
I have done once on my chuwi hi 12.
1. Remember go to windows desktop click Switch OS -> Choose No -> Disable then exit. This will disable the splash screen for choosing OS during startup.

2. Do a backup with Macrium Reflect just in case you crash the os.

3. Boot with Windows 10 setup USB and remember choose home Edition otherwise it wont be activated.

4. Reinstall drivers given by Chuwi Emily in this forum. However the given touchsetting.gt has some problems. Please read the other post as someone posted a new touchsetting.gt for better touch sensitivity.

Use magic Report

Tremend81| Post time 5-29-2016 22:21:08 | Show all posts
Many thanks mouaisien and keith1234!!

Use magic Report

strange_v| Post time 6-15-2016 11:26:52 | Show all posts
Hi guys.
I want to remove all useless android partition and merge free space into system partition.
I'm wondering which of thous partition could be removed/moved safely?

Thanks.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-17-2016 07:47:15 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 6-17-2016 18:54
strange_v replied at 6-15-2016 22:26
Hi guys.
I want to remove all useless android partition and merge free space into system partition.

Что мешает очистить диск и установить чистой установкой Windows. . ?
What about clear install Windows?

Use magic Report

strange_v| Post time 6-17-2016 10:45:41 | Show all posts
Motobot, did I understand correctly that I could remove all partitions including EFI (without any side effects) and then perform fresh windows installation?
Motobot, правильно ли я понял, что можно удалить все разделы включая EFI (без каких-то негативных последствий) и затем сделать чистую установку системы?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-17-2016 11:36:38 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 6-20-2016 11:39
strange_v replied at 6-17-2016 21:45
Motobot, did I understand correctly that I could remove all partitions including EFI (without any si ...

strange_v именно так, только дистрибутив Win10 Home x64 Ru и драйверы скачать заранее или сохранить текущие. Кстати, вот чел благополучно все сделал

Another way Thanks emily

Use magic Report

strange_v| Post time 6-20-2016 05:18:12 | Show all posts
Mootobot, thank you for your help.
I've already installed fresh windows.
BTW
I've used MediaCreationTool to create recover USB-flash (instead of using some images from torrent)

Use magic Report

BeneTTon| Post time 8-11-2016 08:32:03 | Show all posts
Edited by BeneTTon at 8-11-2016 08:35

Hi
I want to do a clean Windows 10 Install with Anniversity Update Win10 from Motobot.

First Question: Are there any Chuwi drivers already included? Or do i have to install some "specific Chuwi Driver" ?
Second Question: I want to completly remove the android partition. Is it possible do delete all the partitions while the windows installation (the window where i can choose the install location for windows) and let windows resize the partition, so i can do a clean install?!
Third question: Do i have to do something else than just deleting and formatting the partitions to perform a clean windows install? For example: Do i have to delete the Bootmanager? Because after the clean install i wont have an android installtion, so i dont need the Bootmanager.

All in all, can i do this with the Hi12 like i would do on a normal PC or Laptop!?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list