ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Remove Android Partition / Windows 10 Clean Installa ...

Follow Us

Remove Android Partition / Windows 10 Clean Installation

[Copy link]

Tremend81|Post time:1-3-2018 15:17:53 View:10253|Reply:24

chemigon| Post time 12-1-2016 11:21:49 | Show all posts
After clean install maybe someday i would like to get the dualboot again, ¿is it posible?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 12-1-2016 14:26:59 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 12-2-2016 01:34

Hello chemigon,
Of course it is possible. You must first flash Android with flash.json, then do flash of Windows

Use magic Report

chemigon| Post time 12-3-2016 01:20:59 | Show all posts
Ok, thank you motobot. I suppose that it makes all the partitions again, like  factory settings,, isn't it?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 12-3-2016 07:52:32 | Show all posts
yes indeed

Use magic Report

thaayb| Post time 1-3-2018 15:17:53 | Show all posts
Edited by thaayb at 1-3-2018 15:20

Hey, there is a much simpler way to remove Android and receive a windows only tablet with one big C: drive. The Official windows firmwares come with a small installation script ([Firmware_ROOT]/Scripts/Main.cmd) which pretty much does all the work for you. This script comes with two installation routines, one for single OS and one for dual OS. You only have to edit the script so it executes the single OS routine instead of the dual OS. In most scripts you only need to change a variable, in some other scripts you have to modify a goto statement. I successfully did this for the HI8 Pro (see here http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... e=1&extra=#pid34075), but I am sure this also works for other tablets too.

Hope this helps!
(WARNING: Make sure to back up your data bevore performing this! I am not responisble for any damage or data loss!)
Never perform a bios update on a working device!
NWRK.BIZ

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list