ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version] Chuwi Hi10 Pro Windows, Android, ...

Follow Us

[Hi10 Pro] [Official Version] Chuwi Hi10 Pro Windows, Android, Bios, Driver Download

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:5 day(s) ago View:176317|Reply:1164

kszabo| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by kszabo at 5-15-2018 08:37
Motobot replied at 5-11-2018 14:23
Hello kszabo,
If you know the issue as well-known, you should know that it could not be resolved b ...

Hey motobot,
thank you for your reply even if you were not adressed and it provides only marginal support. I guess it would be more accurate to state that the sc-card controller is the part of the SoC not the CPU. This controller is working under certain circumstances (eg factory state of the Hi10pro), this mean Bios+Driver+OS. There is no evidence AFAIK that the controller goes dead on hardware level in the case of the Z8350 so I still think that it could be solved on software level, like a proper BIOS.
Are you sure that the controller is dead for forever? Fried or something? Gone for good?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
kszabo replied at 5-15-2018 19:33
Hey motobot,
thank you for your reply even if you were not adressed and it provides only marginal s ...

Hi again,
I have nothing to add. Just find info for yourself and you will see I am right.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
The BIOS does not matter. After all, your SD card reader worked fine with the same BIOS initially. Flashing BIOS does not solve the issue. This is a well-known fact.

Use magic Report

kszabo| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by kszabo at 5-16-2018 02:00

As you surely know, BIOS is the firmware (software) layer between the hardware and the operating system (which uses the drivers to communicate). In this case the SD-Cardreader stops working not only in Windows (probably after a major update) but on the untouched Android OS too. Two, maybe three scenarios are possible:
  • the Windows Update fried the SD-Cardreader controller of the SoC. This one is very unlikely as we speak of Intel and Microsoft Windows 10
  • the Windows Update altered something in the configuration of the BIOS (yes, this is possible) which renders the SD-Cardreader controller non-working, even for the other OS (Android in this case) too. The BIOS is the only common path for the 2 OSes. In this case a properly configured BIOS would help.
  • Chuwi uses some "dirty hacks" in the original factory Windows to ensure the proper function of dual boot. These can go lost on a major Windows update or reflash, even if we use the original drivers. In this case a proper BIOS, which doen not depend on a dirty hack could help.
The fact that a BIOS for possible scenario Nr2 (or even Nr3) is beyond your knowledge is not an evidence that it does not or can not exist. That´s why I ask CHUWI here for some information.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 5-16-2018 22:53
kszabo replied at 5-16-2018 12:38
As you surely know, BIOS is the firmware (software) layer between the hardware and the operating sys ...

Dear kszabo,
You can very long argue, but the fact remains. The card reader of your tablet worked fine with this version of BIOS initially. What could have changed in BIOS?
My answer - nothing could change. The only change is the hardware problem of the SD-cardreader controller.What prevents you and many users with a similar problem to bring everything back to its original state? Just flash an old Chuwi install file and you'll see that nothing will help.
As the Russians say "Поздно пить Боржоми, когда почки отказали," which is equivalent to "It's late to drink Borjomi, when the kidneys refused"
Borjomi is a healing mineral water.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules