ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Hi10 Fully downgrade from dual boot to single boot

Follow Us

Fully downgrade from dual boot to single boot

[Copy link]

poganytamas|Post time:9-14-2016 09:52:07 View:6049|Reply:6

Hello all,

I have a Chuwi Hi10 dual boot tablet with BIOS version c2d6_c106f.233 x64 and serial number Q64G42151100386.
It has 2 gray USB ports, one is USB3 and one is USB2. Also it has Broadcom wifi / bluetooth.

I want to fully downgrade it to be single boot (Windows). I created an installation media, removed all partitions, installed windows, installed drivers. Everything is fine, except one thing: during boot it still offers the Android / Windows choice. Of course there is a blue screen of death when I choose Android. I guess this screen is made by the BIOS, so I have to downgrade the BIOS. So my question is to which version? I only need Windows as a single boot option, and it must be x64.

Use magic Report

Dodson65| Post time 9-14-2016 11:17:10 | Show all posts
Don't know if this works, but attached to this post you'll find the Chuwi OSSwitcher, that I've used.
Start the EXE, answer "No" to question "Are you sure to switch to Android" <- IMPORTANT
Select 'Disable" for 'Boot menu configuration' on next screen
Click on 'Exit'

That should work.

Chuwi OSSwitcher.zip

160.89 KB, Downloads: 1349

Reply Support 0 Not support 2

Use magic Report

poganytamas| Post time 9-14-2016 11:17:26 | Show all posts
I finally managed to do it! Thanks Hackerjac! I needed the SwitchNow.exe from the link you provided, it is below the picture if anyone wants it, I missed the link for the first time. Now it just boots Windows, no need to update bios, perfect
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 9-14-2016 07:44:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Firstly to downgrade the bios you will need a ch341a programmer to physically flash the bios chip. You cannot do a simple usb flashing. It will brick the tablet. Secondly yuo will need single boot bios image for your range of serial number. It is uploaded on the firmware section  of hi10. See the single boot files thread. Select the correct file for your serial number.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 9-14-2016 08:36:48 | Show all posts
There is a way on the Hi12 you can disable the boot choose screen, donno if it also works on the Hi10

Boot Menu Screen with Switch to Android APP (open it and then say cancel will display a config screen letting you disable the entrance DUAL Boot Menu).

the app needed can be found in this trend
https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1525-1-1.html
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 9-14-2016 08:52:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yeah you can try hackerjac method first.

Use magic Report

poganytamas| Post time 9-14-2016 09:52:07 | Show all posts
Thanks for pointing out that this kind of tool exists. According to this: Insyde all I should do is install this tool, and disable SoftIcon switch.
However, I tried to install at least 10 versions, Onda, Teclast, etc.. and failed. MSI installers just quit without doing finishing. I found an extracted version, it logs an error: "fail to open wmi script server". Google is not very helpful about this error.
Does anybody have an ideahow to proceed? I even considered reinstalling the official firmware, start the tool, switch off SoftIcon, then reinstall clean windows. But dropbox link here: https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1627-1-1.html says This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list