ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Can Apollo Lake proficiently manipulate the CHUWI Hi ...

Follow Us

Can Apollo Lake proficiently manipulate the CHUWI Hi13 3k screen?

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:2-17-2018 04:32:26 View:6656|Reply:16

amichael| Post time 6-8-2017 21:43:34 | Show all posts
I just ran the fishies at 3000x1726 on my new Hi13 in Edge, and I got about 24fps for 1000 fish. I also ran it on my original 2013 Surface Pro, at 3840x1814 (by zooming smaller), capped at 780 MHz, and it got the same results. At full power, it was getting twice those results.

But really, this isn't bad for an Atom chip. I was playing Minecraft at 640x400 on my Stream 7, so I'm still expecting to use a lower-than-native resolution.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 6-8-2017 23:35:03 | Show all posts
amichael replied at 6-8-2017 21:43
I just ran the fishies at 3000x1726 on my new Hi13 in Edge, and I got about 24fps for 1000 fish. I a ...

hello, amichael, very thank you for you reply, i also find some review about hi 13 tablet, hope you can get more information from different perspective:
http://www.zdnet.com/product/chuwi-hi13-tablet/
https://www.windowscentral.com/chuwi-hi13
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/chuwi-hi13
http://bgr.com/2017/04/19/chuwi- ... rface-book-windows/
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/chuwi-hi13-review/
wish you all the best

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-9-2017 08:28:31 | Show all posts
Indeed not bad for an atom chip...
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Subscribe to my Youtube channel @CLICK

Use magic Report

NoahFTW| Post time 1-21-2018 21:57:31 | Show all posts
The 3000x2000 has a hard time keeping up with the Celeron processor. That has been my experience. For reading I put up with it and the 3k resolution is incredible!
But even simple web browsing is choppy and slow to respond.
I've found that by going into the Intel Graphics settings and creating a custom resolution of 2400 x 1800 I get a smooth experience that scales perfectly well and is still gorgeous to look at on a 13.5" display.

Use magic Report

MarylandUSA| Post time 1-31-2018 14:30:18 | Show all posts
NoahFTW replied at 1-22-2018 00:57
The 3000x2000 has a hard time keeping up with the Celeron processor. That has been my experience. Fo ...

Noah, 2400x1800 uses an aspect ratio of 4:3. Did you mean 2400x1600, which is 3:2?
This is my first post, by the way! I haven't bought a Chuwi yet; I'm trying to hold out for a Hi13 Pro or Hi13 Gen.  2.

Use magic Report

NoahFTW| Post time 2-12-2018 14:12:33 | Show all posts
MarylandUSA replied at 1-31-2018 14:30
Noah, 2400x1800 uses an aspect ratio of 4:3. Did you mean 2400x1600, which is 3:2?
This is my firs ...

Sorry just reading this... you are probably right about the aspect ratio I would have noticed if it didn't scale right.
I went go into the Intel Graphics settings and created a few different custom aspect ratios and the one I've been using for a week now really well has been 2160 x 1440, which I read was what the Surface Pro 3 runs at, also 3:2. With the majority of content the quality doesn't seem to take much of a hit, I just switch back to 3000:2000 if I want to watch Netflix in UHD.

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 2-17-2018 04:32:26 | Show all posts
Edited by MemberChuwi at 2-17-2018 20:46

The resolution is magnificent and should be the standard for tablets of this size.

Performance is on the low end for sure with Hi13. However I'm personally more annoyed when windows update and windows defender take 50-100% cpu and render the tablet unusable anyways... only chance to suppress this for a while is using flight mode, working offline.

As I'm doing some programing too I can compare everyday performance somewhat. My 8 core Ryzen Desktop with separate graphics card is about 4x as fast. This loosely applies to every aspect, cpu and gpu. Looking at 5W vs. 65W cpu (some unknown gpu power on top)  maybe 20x power consumption for 4x advantage is pretty disappointing too.

Think it's obvious that Hi13 isn't for gaming.

Concerning graphics a major bottleneck is shared memory with the gpu. 4GB is not enough for demanding scenarios. I've checked flicking through very long lists of data where a graphics virtualization technique is used that easily gets the gpu close to 100% on Hi13 while the desktop machine's gpu touches 20% (still a lot for something looking so basic like fast scrolling). Hi13 gpu easily steals up to 1GB for graphics purposes then! No problem with a desktop graphics card that comes with 4 or 8GB exclusively for gpu purposes, more than Hi13 has main memory... cpu/gpu speed alone isn't the point.

Just to put things into perspective... try google earth on a fast machine and the internet will be most likely the bottleneck. Many other browsing stuff isn't much different, so again the machine's speed isn't the main point either.

"Is it fast enough" is a relative thing. MS introduces new gui features called 'acrylic' (refers to transparency effects) taxing any systems gpu. It's nice too look at - but functionally totally obsolete... not to mention all the modern animation effects which look cool but make workflow slower even on a fast machine because you have to wait for the animations to complete... finally it will drain batteries on mobile devices more than necessady with all thsse gimmicks.

Windows is an elephant.
Consider that even fast machines suffer from suboptimal software. Most games do hardly use multiple cores, powerful multicore cpu's don't help much in everyday life when cores aren't efficiently used. Many numbers makers face to us don't mean much in 'normal' scenarios - but it cost's our money buying machines that will finally not being fully used.

When developing software you deal with thousands of small files and a SSD don't keep up as well as you might think, compared to a well cached HD... that costs just 10% compared to ssd. I've also found with my machine the ssd to run quite hot while the HD runs cool.

'Is it fast enough'?

The dissappointing answer is you have to try for yourself with applications you use. But Hi13 easily hit's the ceiling when you (or windows) tax it... I believe the resolution is a minor issue, you need a faster platform to really see significant improvements. Don't bother with 20% but real differences of at least factor 2 and you will see no 5W plattform will give you that higher performance some desire right now.

Compared to Android any Windows mobile device is slow when it comes to 'instant on' scenarios. Android is always instant there. Sleep power consumption is well under control. My Windows experience is here simply worse. Even a fairly strong desktop takes seconds to recover from sleep - that's not instant. When you use Hi13 just occasionally (especially when you shut down to save battery) an reboot, it's a very likely experience that you can't use the tablet at all before Windows has done its update and security thing... sometimes 10min, sometimes half an hour... that's totally inacceptable. If you find your Hi13 responding slow or sluggish it's most likeky windows is up to something... If a web page takes 1 or 2 sec to load is a minor issue then imho...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list