ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro [CM13]Marshmallow 6.0.1 for Chuwi HI8 Pro

Follow Us

[CM13]Marshmallow 6.0.1 for Chuwi HI8 Pro

[Copy link]

Fernando823|Post time:1-15-2018 08:09:56 View:10235|Reply:87

stas2z| Post time 1-12-2018 05:49:43 | Show all posts
Edited by stas2z at 1-12-2018 05:52

@anb

https://yadi.sk/d/6AqAh-6U3RJtoL
7080/7090 twrp pack
It will bring your touchscreen back also)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

anb| Post time 1-12-2018 07:52:47 | Show all posts
@stas2z

Many thanks.  I will give that a try.

Use magic Report

anb| Post time 1-13-2018 03:23:53 | Show all posts
I have successfully updated my tablet to Android 6.0.1, and everything is great, except there does not appear to be a usable way to move apps to the SD card.  I have read a fair amount online about how Google changed the use of the SD card (yet again!!) where they removed the ability to move apps to the SD card UNLESS you reformatted the SD card as internal storage.  Well, as this tablet is dual-OS with Windows I am utilising the same SD card for both operating systems.  Therefore, I cannot format the SD card as internal storage for Android as I will lose it for Windows.

I have found various conflicting articles and tutorials saying you CAN move apps to the SD card in v6.0.1, even when NOT formatted as internal memory.  But nothing is working for me.
All "move apps 2 SD" apps in the Play store all just link back to the in-built functionality which does NOT support it.

So, has anyone here managed to successfully move apps to the SD card when formatted as external storage?  And if so, how?

One thing I haven't tried yet is to root Android, as there seems to be various apps available to try to do it as root.

Any help is much appreciated.

Use magic Report

stas2z| Post time 1-13-2018 04:11:57 | Show all posts
Windows can use only first sd card partition, so you can create a second partition to use it as internal storage.

Root is preinstalled, enable developer options (multiple click on about -> build number)  and enable root inside.

Use magic Report

anb| Post time 1-15-2018 01:41:02 | Show all posts
Edited by anb at 1-15-2018 03:37

I have just tried to flash this version and I am now in an endless reboot loop.
The flashing was successful but now it tries to boot Android and reboots in to recovery.  Then recovery tries to do something on its own before rebooting itself.  Then it repeats those steps indefinitely.  I can successfully get in to Windows.

Another thing I have noticed is that the touch screen appears to be worse on the OS selection screen, when the tablet turns on.  It wasn't great before but it seems more problematic now trying to select Windows and "OK".

The output from the recovery console (on the tablet) is:

Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer.
Updating partition details...
Failed to mount '/data/' (invalid argument)
...done
Unable to mount storage.
Failed to mount '/data'' (invalid argument)
Full SELinux support is present.
Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps
Running Recovery Commands
Formatting Cache using make_ext4fs...
Done processing script file

Any ideas?

The touchscreen is now back working in recovery mode, so thank you for that.

I have re-flashed TWRP v3.0.1.0 but I am still stuck in this endless reboot loop.

Use magic Report

stas2z| Post time 1-15-2018 05:29:50 | Show all posts
Edited by stas2z at 1-15-2018 05:34

You did something wrong
1st, os selection menu have builtin tp driver, so it can be worse or better, it as it is, os/os driver cant hurt it

2nd, im not sure i can explain you what happening, but seems like something trying to flash something at android boot, it can be a stock rom (it tries to restore stock recovery probably), but im sure its not my build

You can try to boot twrp, mount system, and use file manager in advanced to delete /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
If this will not help, get a stock android zip (for 7080/7090) and reflash it with lowlevel tool, but replace boot.img with boot_patched.img and recovery.img with twrp3020uni.img before flashing

Use magic Report

anb| Post time 1-15-2018 06:46:05 | Show all posts
@stas2z

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had TWRP v3.0.1.0 successfully installed last Friday, along with your ROM.  The only thing I did this morning was to run "flash_3.0.2.0.bat" in the ZIP file you gave me a link to.  After that, Android would never successfully boot.  Even going back to the previous TWRP would result in Android never booting.

I have tried to re-flash your ROM but TWRP keeps failing stating it cannot mount "/data" or "storage".

I have successfully mounted system in TWRP, as you suggested, but that file is not present in the location you have indicated.

I will try the low level flashing.  I assume this will be how Chuwi have recommended you upgrade Android?  Is it the instruction given at http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1633-1-1.html?

Use magic Report

stas2z| Post time 1-15-2018 07:21:25 | Show all posts
yes, it's a right manual
use flash without erase mode

here is an android image for 7080/7090
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3j ... 70801997Android.rar

Use magic Report

anb| Post time 1-15-2018 07:39:20 | Show all posts
@stas2z

I cannot find boot_patched.img anywhere.  Where can I get it from?  I have boot_unlocked.img.  Did you mean that?

Use magic Report

stas2z| Post time 1-15-2018 08:09:56 | Show all posts
Yeah, sorry, im not near the pc atm, so all is from memory)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list