ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro [CM13]Marshmallow 6.0.1 for Chuwi HI8 Pro

Follow Us

[CM13]Marshmallow 6.0.1 for Chuwi HI8 Pro

[Copy link]

Fernando823|Post time:4-8-2018 04:33:57 View:11051|Reply:87

anb| Post time 1-15-2018 08:15:11 | Show all posts
I have managed to successfully recover my tablet.  I flashed Chuwi's latest Hi8 Pro ROM, whilst swapping out the boot and recovery files as you suggested, which got Android back working again with the new TWRP.  I then re-flashed your ROM using TWRP and everything now works.  So thank you very much for your help.

I just now need to find a usable solution to moving apps to the SD card without formatting as internal storage.  I did find one app that looked like it would allow me but it fails every time stating there is insufficient space on the SD card, which is rubbish as it is a 200GB card.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

stas2z| Post time 1-15-2018 08:40:58 | Show all posts
Ive already written how to use your sd as internal storage, check my prev messages.

Use magic Report

anb| Post time 1-15-2018 09:57:31 | Show all posts
Yes, you did.  Thank you.  But I am looking for a solution WITHOUT formatting the card in full or part as internal storage.

Use magic Report

stas2z| Post time 1-15-2018 15:20:10 | Show all posts
why not? if your card is so big, just resize main "windows" partition to a few gigabytes (10gb is more than enuff) smaller size and create a new partition for android storage
it will not affect your data, it can be made without full erase. Windows will just ignore that additional partition.

Use magic Report

rajmukesh424| Post time 1-20-2018 23:52:13 | Show all posts
How to Install Only Windows in Hi 8 Pro

Use magic Report

cordvision| Post time 4-3-2018 08:21:27 | Show all posts
Is there any chance somebody could post a step by step tutorial on how to upgrade to Marshmellow? I'm completely new to Android and therefore even missing the basics. I managed to root my Chuwi Hi 8 Pro (September 2017 version), and I installed Official TWRP. I'm not sure what the next steps are from here... Which files do I download, where do I save them, and how do I do the actual upgrade? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Use magic Report

cordvision| Post time 4-3-2018 08:45:40 | Show all posts
Here's some more info: I downloaded the zip file "twrp-7080" and "chuwihi8pro64bitcm13_20170311". I decompressed them and saved the two folders on the SD card of my tablet. Not sure what the next step is. If I open Official TWRP on my Tablet, I just don't see an option to boot from any of these files. I also can't "back up existing recovery" in the app... I'm probably doing something completely wrong... As I said, I have almost ZERO android knowledge...

Use magic Report

cordvision| Post time 4-8-2018 04:33:57 | Show all posts
Ok, I figured it out and have Marshmallow running. Feels like an entirely new tablet. Runs much smoother than with the stock version. Thanks for all the work to make this possible!

One question: With the stock Android, my battery drain in sleep mode was minimal. With Marshmallow, the battery drains about 3 percent per hour (while in sleep mode). Any way to fix this?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list